Market Place Update 9 Says Offline When Online

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Trying to download Update 9 but marketplace says I’m offline when indeed I’m online. Unable to download.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Go to Marketplace and click on World Update 9

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i7 5900k 1080ti latest OS version 10

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Moved to Community Support-Miscellaneous

I too have exactly the same thing.

2 Likes

same issue

2 Likes

You sure its a community support thing? seems something broke down…

2 Likes

yes

1 Like

Yes, same

1 Like

Same here

Problem: Cannot download WU from Marketplace (latest version 1.25.9.0):

• Internet connection checked
  • logout/loggin marketplace/xbox
  • reboot PC
  • restart MSFS several times
  • Multiplayer ON solves the online status, but not the issue downloading WU
    ==> unable to download due to being “offline”

2 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one.

Even turned “on” multiplayer (which I’ve NEVER had to touch before when doing an update since I never fly multiplayer) and noticed it shifted me to “online” then which I thought was strange.

Honestly this is this first snafu I’ve hit doing an update. Every other time since it has been out it’s run fine but this time…nope. I’ve double checked router (shows me online with PC), all the Data settings as online and nothing helps. It’s very consistent as ANYTHING in the Marketplace when clicked on to download gives the same message - unable to download due to being “offline” and to “check my internet settings” - yup, they’ve been checked alright despite the sim even showing me “online” lol.

I would think I shouldn’t need to turn “on” multiplayer in order to do an update, unless this is some new thing with them and if it is it should be stated as such before attempting to download. Like I said, never had to before this and ironically it didn’t help anyways.

1 Like

Same problem here. See Online service down - can't download WU9

2 Likes

I have the latest version 1.25.9.0 but am getting you are currently offline and cannot access the marketplace when trying to download the new Italy/Malta addon. Tried various suggested fixes. Enabled multiplayer on Xbox.

Update - A few hours after my post, I just tried to download the Italy/Malta addon and it worked as expected. No error messages and the download started immediately. Seems like a system issue has been resolved.

4 Likes

I upvoted your there too. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

yes, I have the same problem (using the french version).

I have been trying common procedures like connecting and disconnecting from my player account, restarting the computer, looked for every possible update, checked my store status on my microsoft account… just wasn’t able to fix the problem by myself.

Anyone has an idea about what to do ?

2 Likes

Yeah, the oddball thing is some we’re saying to turn on multiplayer setting, which did then infact change me to “online” which I’ve NEVER had to do before. Even this failed as Marketplace insist I’m still “offline” and it’s not just to download the update either. Everything tells you you’re offline.

1 Like

+1 here, same problem.

Yes

It’s the exact same issue.

N/A OP screenshots are exact same as mine.

I’ve signed out and back in to XBL; restarted my PC; checked my internet connection. No fix.

same issue

I am having the same problem since update 9.

I have the same problem it tells me offline, I can’t download world 9 update, if someone discovers a solution I will be very grateful.

1 Like

Hi Folks - this is a Personal Comment as an end user of the sim, so take that context into consideration please.

It is entirely possible for MP to go offline while you are in the sim, then later come back online.

That happened to me the other week, I was at Main Menu, watched the Marketplace tile go grayed out. Went to go mess around with some settings and some of the planes in my inventory, flew a session, came back out to Main Menu, just in time to watch the Tile become clickable again.

Personal experience, YMMV. I have multiplayer disabled in case anyone asks, and full Data Options on - Maps, PG, Traffic, but offline ATC.