Marketplace and Content Manager Loading Issues

Last week the Marketplace and the Content Manager would not load. They just sat there with the typical timing circle. I deleted all of the Liveries in the Community folder and that solved the problem at that point. I got the latest update today and, once again the Marketplace and Content Manager just sat there timing. I copied everything out of the Community folder (mostly airports and scenery around 44GB) and both loaded normally. I added around a third of the folders back into Community and while there was a slight delay, again both loaded. As soon as I took everything back into Community, the same problems occurred. I have an I7-9700 CPU, 32GB of RAM and a 2TB SSD drive where FS2020 is installed and an Nvidia RTX 2070 Super GPU so I’ve got enough hardware to run this program. Is the some kind of a limit on how much data can be stored in the Community folder? I really don’t want to play hit and miss with the addons to try to figure out what’s going on.

This appears to be a new random problem.

I couldn’t access either the marketplace or the content manager after the update. I had only added in a couple of mods after the update, so removed them all and the marketplace/content manager started working again. Added mods back in a couple at a time until I thought I found the one that caused the problem. It was the G36 improvement project. So with this mode removed the maketplace/content manager started working again. I then got a later verison of the G36 mod and both marketplace/content manager worked with the updated mod. However after I took a flight both stopped working again, even though I had the same mods in the community folder as when they were working. This makes no sense!

So it doesn’t appear to be anything we are doing, other than using the community folder, and after all this is its purpose.

I got the same problem. The marketplace will not load if there are more than a few items in the community folder. Preferable the items I have paid for. I have to cut/copy everyting else to a secondary folder, and relunch the sim. The marketplace folder show up again. After copy everthing backt to the community folder, the marketplace will not lodad before next time a repete the same procedure.

Have you reported this on Zendesk?

Yes I have done that. But those quies never give a solution, only say it may be taken into consideration for future updates.

I put most of my addons back into the Community folder, a few at a time, deleting a number of them that were not all that needed like outlying airfields. I got down to the last batch when the loading problem occurred , removed a couple of possible suspects and Marketplace and Content Manager did load, although with a slight delay. I’m currently showing version 1.10.8 for FS2020. After that final test worked, however, I was getting ready to take off, with the VF Map up when the program froze and clicking to close the map closed the program and went back to the desktop. There was no problem with a subsequent try. What bothers me is the thought that every time there is a significant update will we have to go through this addon trial and error process all over again? Considering how much FS2020 costs, I’m beginning to think that we are all beta testers and that maybe it should not have been released with this many issues. It would be nice to know how much testing was actually done with PCs with a wide range of hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM, drives, etc.). I also hope that what’s happening with this problem is not designed to discourage the use of free rather than paid for officially approved addons. There’s some great work being done by a lot of folks who are creating these addons which should be welcomed by the program developers as they only enhance the product.

I do have now the update 1.11.6.0, but 2 days ago a smaller update came up and installed.
Since then I have the same problem that the Content Manager and the Marketplace cannot be loaded.
I moved the complete Community map to another map. Now the Content Manager and the Marketplace did load (after a reboot).
Next I put Community map back again and the problem is there again. There is something happened with the latest update. For sure. I hope the Asobo people are reading this and find a solution.

Hold on.
After flying the 2nd leg of the Alaska Bushtrip all of the sudden the content of the Content Manager has been loaded in the meanwhile. No Marketplace, however.

anyone resolve this issue all of a sudden the market place and servers are just blanking out… having real issues with updates to the sim previously they would automatically download when launching it, but they seem to have changed to having to confirm them through the store, ended up having to reinstall the whole sim for the UK update.

I purchased the Waco from the Marketplace it is shown in the content manager as installed and up to date but it is not in my hangar and I cannot use it. I made a report to Zendask which is ongoing but nowhere near a solution.
I just wondered would I be able to delete the Waco from the contents and download it again or is that over simplifying?

Yes, you can do that.

Thank you for your reply I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

Hi friends:
I do not know if it is in this section where I should register this query.
What happens is that when I go to the “content manager” section, the computer stays “thinking”, with the wheel spinning but without opening the page. I have opened MFS2020 as administrator. Can someone help me solve this or give me an explanation?
Thank you very much in advance

Hello! Are you still experiencing this issue? I have not seen it myself.