Marketplace - cannot complete purchase (incorrect region)

Hi, I’m trying to purchase the FSR500 (which is on sale) but the 2024 Marketplace doesn’t let me complete the purchase. It says I’m trying to buy from an incorrect region. I live in Brazil, never left Brazil, and I’m currently in Brazil right now. Everything is set to Brazil in my Microsoft account.

Any ideas on what may be wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

MS has damped down cross region purchasing. Your email address’s for MSFS/xbox account must all be the same, if your bank/credit card is from another country that might be an issue. Everything must match.

Verify your MS account/region are aligned, your language is set and plus the time set to Brazil, billing address matches your MS store region.

There is advice online if you search.

If on steam make sure the overlay is on.

You can try a workaround by buying simverse coins and load into your MSFS wallet - check how to do this online

If you use a VPN, that could be the issue.
They aren’t always “unproblematic”. :wink:

I’m not using VPN =(

Everything is set to Brazil. My windows region, store region, MS account region, I checked everything.
My payment method is located in Brazil. My credit card billing adress is set to my current location.

But the issue persists. I’m almost giving up.

I deleted all my payment methods to try to add another card

Now it won’t let me add any credit cards. A message appears: “Please check that the details in all fields are correct, or try using a different card.” Same message with every single card that I try.

Man, what a frustration.

Check with your bank someone has not hacked your account. 2nd, if thats ok contact Zendesk to see if they can find a reason.

So sorry this is happening :cry:

I reached Zendesk and filed a request there.

I contacted Microsoft support and managed to register a credit card again, but the “incorrect region” issue persists.

They gave me 7 days of Game Pass Unlimited to compensate for the inconvenience, lol. Let’s see if they can enable Marketplace purchases for me again

The sale ends in two days =(

They will probably come back for sale either in Aug or black Friday. I know, when you want something it is hard to wait. Good luck, I hope they get it right before it ends anyway.

Check your timezone settings in Windows.

Everything is set correctly to my region and timezone.

Do you guys think if I buy a brazilian Xbox gift card I could redeeem it?

My last shot…

It has to redeem in your MS account first doesn’t it - through the xbox app???

Tried to redeem a gift card (a cheap one) directly into MSFS 2024 - same error. Incorrect region. What a pain.


Tried every single step. Everything in my account is set to Brazil, not using VPN, my IP is in my town, all on my payment methods are from Brazil. I used Cloudfare Warp in the past because of the constant FS loading screen long times, but I deleted it days ago. Not using any kind of VPN right now.

EDIT: The sale is over. I can’t believe I tried so many times to give my money to Microsoft and they refused it. LOL.

The sales support said I have to wait and play other games for them to see I’m actually in Brazil.