Marketplace Download files Issues

Hi. I’ve had Download problems in MSFS. If I download something from the marketplace (for example Aerosoft Paderborn), the download starts and after differnet downloadtimes, it stops. So ich check the task manager and the downloadspeed switch from 60 mbit/s to 0 mbit/. So I often download 6GB, then stops, then 1,7 GB, then stops… . This means marketplace downloads and title updates, then I often have to close and restart the game. I have Windows 10, the Windows Defender (nothing more) and LAN.
What can I do to downloaad big files complete? Large downloads in firefox work fine for example. :tired_face:

Hi @gamer4online!

There have been some reporting this. There are several topics on it:
Search results for ‘marketplace download’ - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

There’s an older topic here (from that search above):
Marketplace downloads failing - Archives / Bugs & Issues - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

You might also have to delete what it has tried to download, then try it again. (Make sure MSFS is not running)

Ok, from the other topic I read that I have to delete the rolling chache and other tips. So I deleted the rolling cache and set the bandwidth limiter to unlimited and deleted the Aerosoft.Paderborn… file in the official order in the MSFS order and started the download again, but it didnt help. The download starts and after 3 GB it stops and download speed is from 60 to 0,0 mbit/s :expressionless:

Hi good morning, I bought the package of the deluxe version of the MS2020 in the market, this one I did by steam. The purchase is made, but the game crashes, when I start it it tells me that I have to buy it but steam made the purchase for me … how do I do it?

I’m having this issue with Latin VFR KMIA. I was trying to install the update, but it failed. So I deleted it and tried again. Now I can’t get it to reinstall. Yes, I’ve read all of the threads suggested by @Hester and they are not helpful. I don’t have a rolling cache (though I verified that it has been deleted) and I verified that the original folder no longer exists in OneStore. I don’t have bandwidth limiter enabled. I keep getting to about 856 gb copied and then suddenly the download speed drops to zero and the download fails. I haven’t seen any sign of a log anywhere, but it seems fairly clear that the Marketplace has no resiliency whatsoever. Here’s an obvious thought: there is no reason why I should have to keep downloading the same bits over and over. It should pick up at the point of failure on retry, because that’s what any well designed downloader will do.

I just want my airport back. If I had bought this direct from Latin VFR, not only would I have gotten the update much sooner, I wouldn’t be fighting this problem so I wouldn’t be wasting my time trying to deal with this. On the off chance I had an issue with Contrail, I could get actual support from Latin VFR. Microsoft? Not so much. Nobody in their right mind should be buying anything from the Marketplace. There is no support when things like this happen and the customer is the one that ends up paying the price. I cannot believe the level of unprofessionalism that is being demonstrated in both the behavior and the (lack of) support for the Marketplace.

UPDATE: After a couple of hours that I shouldn’t have had to spend trying to download a product that I already own, I finally got LVFR KMIA updated and reinstalled. Here are a couple of things I learned in the process which might help the next person.

First, while the downloader won’t save partially downloaded files, it will save fully downloaded files. What I discovered was that if the download fails, do NOT press the cancel button. Instead, click on the the package that you are trying to download and (assuming a file got saved) the cancel button should change to download. Press it and the download will resume with the next file. You can see any files that have been successfully downloaded in the root OneStore directory.

Second, this may be coincidence or it might not, but when my download speed started to fall off towards zero, I clicked on the package and then clicked the info button. Miraculously when I did that, the download speed picked back up and returned to my previous speed which was in the low 20s. Worth trying for anyone ending up with the same issue, but you have to do it before the connection drops.

All of that said, I stand by my recommendation that nobody should be buying from the Marketplace (and vendors should boycott putting their products there) until Microsoft (or is it Asobo?) addresses the issues that are currently abusive to customers.

1. Updates must be available same day of vendor release and products should be available same day of release. The former is an absolute requirement for customers, who shouldn’t have to wait for otherwise available fixes or improvements. The latter only matters from a business perspective.
  2. There needs to be a link in the Marketplace identifying a support channel that has real people behind it. Marketplace transactions are monetary and customers immediately have their money taken. If there is a problem on the customer end, they currently have no recourse.
  3. “Failed to download” is an unacceptable error message. If a product fails to download, customers should be given a useful error message and directed to live product support for an immediate resolution.
  4. Content manager needs to be more resilient and shouldn’t require re-downloading the last file on failure. Nor should it quit on first failure. It should automatically retry.
  5. Whatever the problem is that is causing the network connection to drop and fail the download needs to get fixed.
  6. The UI needs to be fixed so there is a clear distinction between cancel (which means give up) and retry (which means continue from the point of failure). Currently it is not obvious how to recover (albeit partially) from a failed download.

Hello guys, after suffering months to download MSFS 20 20, I finally managed to stabilize the download with the help of Netlimiter 4.0, however it was necessary to limit the input to 635 Kb / s, very slow but stabilized the download. I hope they help anyone who has this problem.

Hi,

In the Marketplace, if I download any update or product the download fail and restart again and again…
i tried with Ethernet cable internet which sometimes works… but the last time nothing works I cant download complete… yesterday I tried to download World Update 6 but with these problems I cant download complete… I am very disappointed…

but the menu loading screen with update loading (on the start with searching updates) this works fine without any problems…

I loaded often the safety mode for testing but its not helped

I dont know, what I must doing…

Sorry for bad english language, hope you can help me…

I recently had to reinstall MSFS2020 and the download yesterday worked just great. I went to the Marketplace to get the WT G1000 NXI and it’s hung at about 20%. The download is constantly starting at 1.09 Mbits/sec and slowly works down to 0.00 Mbits/sec and starts the process all over again. I have tried using Content Manager and get the same thing. And one thing that I noticed once the download fails I cannot exit out of MSFS2020, I have to go to Task Manager to stop the program. That doesn’t happen when I don’t try the download.

Thanks,
John

Go into your Official One Store file.
At or near the bottom of the list of files in there you should see “workingtitle-g1000nxi”
Remove-delete that folder and then try a fresh install.

This is the end of the list. I also found out its the wrong version that is downloading. v0.8.0 is downloading and WT says it should be v0.10.1.

John

Ok, I see there isn’t enough been downloaded yet to create the folder.
Here is a link to the Zendesk checklist for your issue.
Ensure you check all the items.

For anyone having issue with downloading stuff from the MSFS marketplace. Try starting up a VPN. see how fast the download goes… then disconnect the VPN while your still downloading the files. For some reason this works for me… We shouldnt have to find work arounds for getting what we paid for so I hope this issue is getting attention and is resolved soon, its been months now that i have been having to use this method to get content I pay money for

If the YPN helps (which has been mentioned here before) it isn’t an issue with MS.
It is your internet service provider.
The fact that the VPN gets the files is actually proof that the MS servers are indeed working good.
If not, using a VPN would make no difference.

If I had not already reset everything with modem router, and followed all the other MSFS instructions on the links, and even changed service providers, I might believe that… also if there wasnt thousands of other people with the same issue. The MSFS servers are just timing out with downloads… I have told at least 10 people I personally know and the VPN trick worked for them too… Guess we all just have bad fiber connection??

I can also show you quite a few posts in here from people who switched to a VPN because of ISP throttlling.
That does occur.

And these are just a few.

Infuriating! D/l from Marketplace keeps failing. Been sitting here for an hour after having paid. Keeps resetting over and over even on a vpn. I have an excellent internet connection.

Keeps jumping back to 5.32 GB…Grrr. File is 8.72 GB. It gets to around 7.5G, then jumps back to 5.32, repeatedly. What a mess, garbage system.

If you continue to have issues, find the file that is causing the issue and delete it. Then try the DL again.

Ok, please tell me how to find the file that is causing the issue. It’s doing it again. Keeps restarting over and over again.