Marketplace Greyed Out

Same issue here but quickly resolved.
We hadn’t noticed that our AV Provider had ‘Flagged’ the Program and informed us that it was asking for permission to access the Internet. Because we hadn’t granted access certain elements including the Marketplace were not available.

ps. We also noted that the ‘Check for UpDate’ went on for much longer and the Loading Process took longer to initiate. Everything back to normal now.

Hmm, still greyed out for me.

If it was server crashes, perhaps things are being restored on a regional basis…

Just noticed that this has been already suggested. Hope you get sorted.

Regard’s

I had this issue, and it most likely was related to the outage yesterday. Thanks for this as it fixed the problem immediately. The steps were, 1. Close MSFS, 2. Open Xbox App on PC. 3 sign out of your profile, then sign in. 4. Relaunch MSFS from inside the Xbox App.

i have the marketplace greyed out also. After the xbox servers offline yesterday
Have logged out from both xbox and MS account and restarted sim…no luck.

edit: SOLVED
yes, second try logged oput of xbox and back in…launch the game…all OK

Thanks for this help, the above worked, it has helped, now it works for me. Marketplace was greyed out on top of that the worst thing no photo real scenery dissapered from the world. i tried all the methods in the forums nothing worked except the above! All i did was update the xbox app on windows where their was message update app, then logged out and logged back in. Everthing is up and running fully. Must be a thing with app not updating same time not linking with fs2020 to login same time with new update.

I purchased the DVD version Premium Deluxe on DVD’s I would like to uninstall it and reinstall it as you have done’ Could you you give me advise on how to do the uninstall and reinstall? would really appreciate it.

I’d love to help you Miffed but I do not have the DVD version. I’m sure there are others on here that are reading this and willing to give you good advice. Good luck with this.

I exited MSFS, then I downloaded the XBox app to my PC, logged out of my account in the app, relaunched it and logged back in. I then opened MSFS and the Marketplace is back.

I switched hard drives on my computer and had to re-install my msfs 2020.

When I boot up now everything works, but marketplace is grayed out and unusable.

Did I do something wrong or are the MSFS servers down?

You can always check XBox Live Status here. Green as of 2211H ET.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

I suspect you need to logout and login again into MS-Store if that’s where you purchased the game, check for updates for the Store Client and Sim, and then also log out and log back into XBox for Windows account which you use to authenticate to the sim.

Market Place Greyed Out - SOLVED for my system.

Load MSFS 2020

Go to:
options / general / data / data connection / online functionality / set to “ON”

If this is set to “off” the marketplace greys out.

May be other causes, like login problems, internet connection problems, but it this is off, no marketplace.

Credit goes to my sons, who stayed at it until the problem was solved.

2 Likes

After the last update I seemed to have lost “marketplace” on my MSFS. I cannot access it. Is anyone else having the same problem & how do I get it back? TIA

John, Check my post directly above you. Make sure it is set to “on”.

I’ve been having a similar problem. It’s not greyed out just does not fully load up, so see some pictures but no text and only one item in each category is showing.

Online is set to On and I’ve logged out/in for XBOX.

This has only been happening over the last couple of days for me. I’ve also reduced the number of items in my community folder to reduce the amount of memory being used on loading.

Market place greyed out and getting a message that packages are not up to date!

1 Like

You and your sons are heroes! Problem solved for me!

Marketplace greyed out signed out and sign in still greyed out!!! Please help I only buy from the store nothing in the community folder. My version is 1.14.6.0. With the marketplace greyed out can not get the new version

Solved!!
I hibernation my computer during the flight, after I back to flight, it automatically turn the options off. Thank you very much!!!

I am receiving the SAME thing! PLUS all my flight hours are gone under PROFILE.