I apologize to the members here and to Asobo for the length of this problem writeup. I have edited my original post, here, for correctness and action taken. I have taken every step recommended by MSoft and fellow Flight Simulator simmers to correct Marketplace Greyed Out and missing Photogrammetry but no luck. Below is everything I know, and have done, to try and correct this mess. I have submitted the following to Zendesk, but thought others with similar problems might like to know what I’ve tried to do to correct.
After update 188.8.131.52 FS2020 (MS Store purchase), I experienced some major problems. Have never had problems before now. I’d say my system has been in the top 10% as far as FS2020 reliability until now, and I have immensely enjoyed this sim.
Problems: I have lost Photogrammetry and Marketplace is greyed out. Clouds, trees, bushes, grasses, vehicles, night lighting, and airport ground maintenance personnel all look and work as good as they ever did. The buildings, however, look like they are made from cardboard. Also from the air I see very vivid red colors sprinkled throughout the landscape (not GPU-related). Never saw this before either. Also all Garmin screens in all AC are blacked out. Could these problems all be related?
I am the owner of the software and I use no family sharing. On-line functionality is ON. I have no Data Cap. I was already logged in with the Xbox Live account that was used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator. I have signed out and back in again to refresh the connection.
What else I’ve done to no effect:
- Photogrammetry and Bing Data are ON in Data.
- In Data Connection, all options are ON. Status= On Line; On Line Services=OK
- Opened MS Store. All looks good there.
- Removed Mods from Community to Temp folder and rebooted into sim, many times. No joy. Also did this prior to installing the update!
- While in-game, signed out of Xbox Live and then back in. No joy.
- Tried to change servers from in-game but that is on Automatic, so can’t change.
- Checked internet connection=good
- In-game, signed out of Xbox Live and back in. Even changed password when entering on MS Account instead of my normal game account. No joy.
- Downloaded fresh Xbox app and booted into FS2020 from there. No Joy. Still no Marketplace or Photogrammetry. Dang, I can no longer purchase aircraft and airports in-game!
- Deleted Rolling Cache. Updated Rolling Cache. Increased rolling cache to 15GiB. No joy.
- Tried using Win10 app Repair Tool for Flight Simulator and XBox apps. No joy.
- Checked in-game Data Connection. All ON. Checked in-game 0n-Line Services=OK
- Checked every line of in-game Content Manager. All okay.
- Tried launching from MS Store=No joy.
- Reloaded XBox Live=No joy.
Can anyone help me here? Thanks in advance if you can see anything I missed.