Marketplace purchases should be usable without a MSFS restart

Perhaps there is a reason and it has always been that way …

but I just did buy two airports and noticed that they do not show up right after the download in the game. I had to quit-and-restart MSFS in order to see them “on the ground”.

It would be nice if purchases could be used directly after the download from the MSFS store … without having to quit and restart MSFS.

The scenery data files only get rewritten with a restart - at least that’s the way I understand it. At least planes are ready to use right away.

1 Like

A slight inconvenience at most. Scenery files get rewritten

On a similar note, on xbox, you can only make a purchase if you have freshly booted the game, any quick resume results in a failed purchase claiming there is another purchase pending.

Since the “Wishlist” topic is limited to one idea per thread I did not list all the other wishes I would have for the Marketplace … but a more “buyer friendly” approach would clearly be very welcome … like … why can I only buy one item at time? Is this to teach me my passwords and banking details? And why is the payment failing so often (I guess backend overload)?

Buying stuff is not really a “fun” experience at this point.

1 Like

… I am not sure what this really means. I guess that you are correct, that there is “something” which makes it easier from Asobo to not activate a new airport right after download.

From a technical perspective I still can not see any “real” reason why incremental, on-demand scenery integration should not be possible. I think the main reason (now) will be that all significant new features will only be added to MSFS2024.

But since this is the “wishlist” universe, this small goose would still wish some more advanced marketplace behaviour.

1 Like

In FSX the scenery database was reloaded when you did changes in game.
With MSFS this is no longer possible.
Adding a simple “refresh” button would be very appreciated.
Of course this would mean that we would have to go to the initialization process that takes quite some time, but still way more user friendly than the current situation.