Massiv performance degradation after hours

Specs:
I7-12700k
RTX 2080 super
32GB RAM @ 2666Mhz

Hello everyone,
I need your help. I have latetly tried some full flights in MSFS and therefore I had to expierience massiv performance loss after more than one hour in the sim. Also GPU usage went down by far. Temperatures are just fine. But the plane was unflyable with that little FPS when I wanted to start my decent. I really hope some of you can help me.
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

This is already logged and under investigation and there are many, many forum topics on this. The search function might give you a little more insight.

Thanks for your reply!
I’ve already spent hours reading in posts with similar problems, but haven’t found any kind of solution.
It’s just really annoying not to be able to land normally in a flight. Do you know any solution or maybe a date Asobo is aiming to fix this issue?

Asobo claims they can’t even reproduce it. They have a wall of devices running long flights trying to.

That’s really strange. I’m wondering what the requirements are for not having to deal with that issue.

During the last Q&A, Asobo strongly implied that third party addons seem to be the cause and that they are looking at implementing an impending low memory warning to at least let you know it is about to happen soon.

I, as a test engineer, If I could not replicate a fault then I had no choice but to say there was nothing to find, sorry.
Asobo will no doubt be trying their best to rid to themselves of this problem whilst still doing other work so we must allow time unfortunately

Watching the QA video, they do admit issues with Vr .
They have announced that they have now merged both Dev and Vr department and Vr must e tested prior to any release where before it was not.
With that said, they do admit performance issues and i guess no fix will come until at least 3 weeks or dlss / fsr / dx12.
Very disappointing in general and Jorg did not seem to be really happy about the way things are doing right now, they are aware of ‘unhappy’ community member and especially Vr users.
Where did anyone saw that ‘they can’t replicate the issue’?

there is a solution , Asobo thought it was wise to have any video card run at 100% the whole time so everyone can have highest FPS possible.
My solution was to CAP the FPS in my nvidia driver to 35 , on my GTX1080Ti
that’s enough to have a smooth run on my 3 screens. and my videocard will not overheat
no mater how long i fly. i do 8 hour flights for fun.

P.S. you can CAP the FPS in the AMD driver too…

try this—>

Does not have the same effect with my Quest 2, if i set max frame in Nvidia cp i get laggy picture.
For now only ASW gives me the more stable picture but still get terrain lag.
On screen looks fine, screen rendering and Vr are Vr different.

Try a longhaul flight lets say KJFK to LIRF and pause it halfway for and hour…not active paise just pause the game…youll see it happen

They must be runnimg NASA servers :skull: They should test it outside their work servers if they haven’t as yet.

Hello everyone,
I think my issue is pretty much fixed. Today I tried flying again and no stutters or performance degredation for 3 hours. (LEBL - LOWW).
What I did was deleting YourControls and Toolbar Pushback from my Community folder. I also installed Win 11 which works just fine. I also made sure my oculus rifts’ sensor won’t turn off. I don’t know if thats what caused the issue, but for me it worked very fine.
Hope that helps!
Cheers

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.