Massive 25 second freeze

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
#pc
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store Version
Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Yes FlyByWire, Orbx Edinburgh, Freeware Gatwick.
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
So this shows my sim having a massive freeze while taxing into stand at Gatwick, but this shows what I get during a flight also which while I was recording it wouldn’t happen and I am glad it did while I was taxing onto stand
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
Link if the video not able to be played: Link

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
I just just a flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick starting on Stand 8 in EGPH cold and dark, setup like normal departed and followed the SID, cruised at FL330 all the way down, landed on RWY 26L at EGKK, then taxi to stand 554.
Route: GOSAM P600 FENIK UL612 HON UN859 KIDLI
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
i7-9700K 4.4Ghz
32GB RAM 3200Mhz
RTX 3080 FE

Showing stats also top right before and when it happens
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Around about 1.18
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
Nope

Updated to SU6 I seen a massive improvement with my stutter for the moment, but now I am getting this…

If you can’t see the video click Video

What causing my rudder pedals and throttles to do that? I can’t explain what it is…

Thanks

I have had nothing but problems with long stutters with the freeware EGKK Gatwick Airport scenery over the last three iterations of the authors scenery. As soon as I turn to look at the scenery using TrackIR, the sim suffers severe stutters and sound dropouts. Prior to that everything was fine. I have left messages for the author on flightsim.to and he has responded stating that everything should be OK as he has recently updated the LOD’s for his scenery and the performance should have improved. I was using the ULTRA version of the airport, unfortunately the long stutters are still there even when I lower my graphics settings to the lowest in MSFS 2020. I regret deleting my older files of the scenery, the author has not supplied a link to older files at my request. I suggest you leave the author a message on flightsim.to. I will now be purchasing the payware version of this airport and really appreciate the work the author has done on this magnificent scenery. Unfortunately it does not work for me at the moment, this is the only airport that I have flown at that has this problem at the moment.

BRGDS.

Charles.

Yep but these stutters I get are not just at gatwick I just did that flight as it was a quick UK hop but for myself it is at any airport that I have 3rd party or default, Like I can do a flight from default Edinburgh to Gatwick and I will still get these stutters, it is weird, my GPU drivers are up to date also

1 Like

Beedantv,

Oh I see, sorry for my misunderstanding.

BRGDS.

Charles.

No worries, my mistake,

Here is myself doing a flight from Edinburgh to Bristol without the Gatwick active… What how long and the stutter I get every time I do a flight… Were you experiencing this also?

Can’t see or watch Video

I’m getting a similar thing. I posted this in a different thread. In fact, the last flight I had did caused an over stress situation which flipped my plane before it broke up in mid-air.

Here’s the latest video. Typically the plane starts rocking out of control when it happens. I wish I could record an entire flight but I just don’t have the space for that. This was on approach to KFSO:

Yep I don’t know if it is a FlyByWire issue or a sim update issue, it is hard to figure out, I think the only way to test it is do the same flight again but with the default A320 from Asobo and see if the lag and stutter happens again

1 Like

oh no… do I have to?? lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe I should first delete my cache of scenery and see if it’s a load-lag issue… possibly.

:stuck_out_tongue: Well if you don’t want to I can, but then again both our systems will be different so would make sense for us both to

Actually am I using rolling cache???

1 Like

I just did the flight. Just like last time, it was from KLAS to KSFO… and what a mess it was. I recorded some of it and found more bugs than I was expecting, all while using the default A320. I’ll post in a bit, lol.

HINT - the results were the same, if not worse.

Oh okay, cause I did the same with the FlyByWire with no rolling cache and it was worse alot more stutters and freezes than normal, I wonder if this is a sim issue or a Hardware issue

I’ve questioned that myself. Every time it occurs, it lasts for almost exactly 2 minutes. It’s acting like my hardware is trying to shut down for a bit, then turns back on (i know, that sounds weird). This is the only game that this happens to, and it only started since SU5 (I think).

This last flight (after all that occurred), I received a warning that I didn’t have enough bandwidth, then my cursor disappeared, and then the plane froze in mid air and became unresponsive… what a strange group of bugs. I recorded most it this last time. It mat take a while for YouTube to render it in it’s full resolution.

The default A320:

hmm, I think next time I do a flight I will have resource monitor open to see what mines does, also any chance you could upload your settings that you use so we can compare and see if it might be a setting issue or something else…

Also do you have rolling cache on or off?

The last two flights that I did was with an empty scenery cache. I also had the cache turned off. I also cleared everything out before flying.

I’m about to do the same flight again two more times, and with the FBW a320. This time I will turn on the cache. Typically I leave it on with a storage space of about 100GB on a separate, dedicated drive.

If my thinking is correct, after the first flight the cache should fill up with scenery for this flight. The second flight shouldn’t require as much bandwidth because the scenery will already be on disk. Maybe it’ll be a little bit easier on the computer and not require as many resources… I don’t know…

Here are my graphic settings:

…and Data settings:

I

Perfect, I have done the same flight again one in the Default Asobo A320 and one in the FlyByWire and oh I have results :slight_smile:

So here is my current settings… Yes I could up them which I plan on doing but I was thinking :thinking: is it cause my settings are too high but seems not, cause this even still happens if I set the preset to low

MSFS Settings

Now onto the videos

Here we have the Asobo A320, we are climbing up into cruise coming up on FL170 for FL310 it freezes but then recovers about 25 seconds later… Now if you look at the resource monitor and see what happens during the time it freezes along with MSI afterburner monitor my GPU and Power usage dip down to nothing but then recovers and goes on it’s day. Btw this happens every 8-10mins of flight.

Also if you look a resource monitor when the freeze it happening the Flight Simulator task goes red (Not Responding) but then comes back.

Default A320 Freeze

On to the FlyByWire A320NX

Same thing again but this time a little different I get 2 one during push back and another when climbing into cruise again I believe I was passing FL130 for FL310 when it happened only difference between the two is I get a small micro stutter on the push back before the freeze actually happens which can be seen in the video

FlyByWire A320 P/B Freeze

Climbing into cruise Freeze

It looks a little blurry but hope it is okay to make it and understand the chart is the main focus here on what could be the cause of this to happen every 8-10mins of flight

1 Like

It looks like you’re getting the same thing I am. Your resource monitor shows nearly the same thing more frequently, but the duration of each occurrence is less.

I just flew the same route twice (KLAS - KSFO) and had the same results, then I shut off ALL internet data and flew it one last time. Surprisingly it happened again. I’m starting to think it’s either

• A. an issue within the sim itself or
  • B. an issue with my hardware

The strange thing is that it occurs at the same location every single time, so I don’t want to believ it’s a hardware issue. I hope it’s not a hardware issue because this stuff isn’t cheap. It’s a newly built computer that’s just outside it’s warranty, lol. So at this point I’m stuck. Until more people chime in, I’ll just keep trying different settings within the sim and hopefully I’ll find a solution, or at least a cause.

My next flight I’ll turn down all graphic settings to see if that may help. At this point, who knows… :anguished: :pleading_face:

Yep I know and my hardware is well in the high end and suprise to be getting this issue, but at least the data we are providing will see to the Asobo team that there is a issue or it could be graphics driver issue or hardware related

1 Like

…and another but this time the approach was at KJFK. It seems it happens around ~60nm from the airport that this occurs. I’ve tried replicating this with benchmarks and reliability tests and nothing gives me problems like this.

If anyone else has issues like this, please post here.

MSFS bug (1.20.6.0) - FBW A320 approach @ KJFK