Massive FPS drop because of SU9

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes absolutely much lower fps with same settings.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Performance issue’s were present during Beta. Try turning off photogrammetry. This seemed to be related during beta builds.

2 Likes

Come on , immense performance reduction with SU 9, not happy anymore with this sim in this state.

Does not make fun anymore, sluggish low performance, degradation in terms of visuals, scenery in distance blurry mess with ultra settings in 4k. ■■■■, when they gonna fix it? Tired of this sim lately,sorry to say.

21 Likes

I am currently flying from Paderborn to Stansted with the A320 FBW. No drops. Even in beta 9 the crashes from 8 were gone.

we are… but bare in mind that relevant topics are being closed so these never reach microsobo…

This was reported by many users during the BETA. Couldn’t tell you whether the developers took any notice as they don’t communicate.

7 Likes

Maybe they will say whether they noticed in today’s Q&A, if the question gets asked.

I sure hope they will. If their past Q&As are anything to go by I expect they’ll say how well SU9 has been received and what a success it is. We shall see.

1 Like

Awful performance on PC since the update. They don’t have enough testing capacity so no expectation anything will be fixed.

4 Likes

Course they haven’t… Asobo never have!

3 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

rtx 3090 mid-high settings 20fps on 2D and in vr 10fps where in the same places and weather before su9 i was getting 50fps in 2d and 35-40 in vr

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

They’d have to be living under a rock on a deserted island and purposely ignoring all the beta testers feedback.

12 Likes

which I believe they are… hahaha.

This isn’t even a BETA program… it just allows the user an early access. it’s crazy… zero communication with Asobo.

1 Like

I am very sorry that many people are having problems after SU9.
To me personally, at the moment everything seems to be normal FBW updated Salty updated and always when I update I follow the steps indicated in some publications above.
Hope you can fix those issues soon and enjoy MSFS 2020

Well some of the beta feedback seemed to be addressed, but nothing to do with performance that I have seen…

1 Like

Have you all tried switching clouds from ultra to high? Clouds were improved visually with extra resource cost. CPU is hit with better clouds, so some of you are just likely mainthread limiting because of this. If you’re not on a top end CPU system then shift clouds down to high if they are set to ultra.

Performance got worse with SU9. Undoubtedly.
I’m not talking about FPS. I am referring to the load balancing between CPU and GPU which allows smooth and stutter-free flight.
That balance that cost me to achieve, is broken.
The TLOD and OLOD sliders have a different sensitivity than SU8, which further complicates things.
And the worst of all is that when it finally finds its balance, SU10 will come to break it and start all over again.

Edited 28/04/22
Reducing clouds from high to medium and pre-rendered frames from 2 to 1 did the magic. I got back the smoothness of SU8.

The white circle and stutters on takeoffs and landings keep appearing (STEAM). Only avoidable by turning developer mode on and off before each flight.

11 Likes

I joined SU9 beta and reported that performance is worse than SU8, when they claimed in the release notes that SU9 contains performance improvement.

I was afraid if they released SU9 at that state, and now it happens. They released it anyway :frowning:

6 Likes

I’m not MainThread limited by clouds, but thanks for the advice.

What is limiting the sim then in the dev mode FPS counter? Something has to be. Is it doing this in vanilla state? Is it an aircraft/add on/plugin needing updated? Eg. FBWA320NX had a SU9 update last night, someone else reported a reinstall of their dev version helped with performance too. Others add ons may require updates too. Did you clear your cache?
I mean I’d start with vanilla FS, and tweak graphics settings to remove whatever limit is there first then gradually add add ons back in. Even marketplace ones.
I’m running FS at 4K, locked at 30FPS/60Hz and have not seen any issues performance wise with SU9, but I also don’t run with a TLOD of 300-400 or more as some users do.
If anything this update is running better/smoother than SU8 did on my PC.
I even added all my community mods back in in their entirety and it’s working well, nothing is broken so far, and the sim loads faster than it used to too.

2 Likes