Massive FPS drop because of SU9

I totally, 100%, agree with you.

Honestly though, if I’d never played this sim before and was presented with the 737 (the most complex and detailed aircraft available) I’d have been blown away by the performance. I don’t understand how it can be so smooth, yet a GA aircraft stutters along like nobodies business.

There are clearly issues with CPU load that go back a long way and got worse after SU9, which makes what PMDG have achieved all the more bonkers.

2 Likes

Strangely I’ve switched back on my rolling cache and the PG is starting to load in we
ll again, not sure why that’s seemed to work, I thought it was the opposite but the sim can blow hit and cold quite a lot

1 Like

I get a similar result with the loss of frames. However whenever I look down and then outside the camera hangs and it stutters. Sometimes the dropped frames causes me to be looking completely the wrong way. Like the mouse and view gets hung for a split second. Happens everytime going from looking down at the controls to looking outside.

3 Likes

Anyone managed to test performance with the new patch?

1 Like

Has there been a new patch today? Can’t check just yet.

Yes hotfix was released today, however the patch notes don’t mention anything relating to the poor FPS. The update hasn’t started for me yet (updating Windows to see if that sorts it).

Ok, evidently the update is so small I never even noticed it had installed. Confirmed I’m now running 1.25.9.0.

Dare I say, I’m actually getting slightly higher FPS than pre-SU9 now.

Okay on the patch and fps performance has gotten worse for me until about 5000’. Before it seemed to recover at about 2500’. Not listed as fixed and no comments regarding the investigating…

Well, that’s weird. It definitely appears to be fixed on my end :thinking:

After 1.25.9.0 fix…

I have now a really unstable FPS from about 19 to 5.
My settings is just a bit lover of High End in Full-HD
I think that something is still not solved…

I just had a test flight. The hangups and lagging have not changed after the patch.

Why is your CPU clockspeed so low?
Your GPU is just there chilling.

After the updating, my fps dropped from 45 to 30 on the big airports. I’m really disappointed.

3 Likes

Performance seems to be all over the place since the latest ‘hotfix’. An increase in stutters noted during panning in external view.

3 Likes

Doh, I was hoping to read this update returned performance to SU8 levels but it seems its made it even worse than SU9.

3 Likes

seems like my performance is even slightly worse too.
I was thinking maybe it is because of all the 737 everywhere around me (which is a positive thing btw).

Interesting question that I can’t answer.

The listing on the top of the screen is just the CPU Specs.

The other one (indicated at 2 places) is % Utilization and I don’t know what this speed indicates. A guess would be the speed that FS2020 is processing its program.

My I9-9900K also shows a low Speed of 2.55 to 3.06 Ghz
and it is running at 4.8Ghz that I set in the Bios.

Maybe someone can enlighten us.

Your CPU is only operating at low speed. Is that really the CPU specs?

Check your CPU temperature and cooling. Possibly, it’s been throttled down due to overheat.

If no overheat, then your CPU specs is too low for MSFS. Try to reduce some settings.

On my PC, the fps gets really low as soon as I load the flight, something like 5FPS, so I enable DEV mode and disable it right away and everything goes back to normal. This has happened occasionally since SU8. Very strange.

1 Like