Massive, game breaking stutters after some minutes of flying

Well now I have a little issue with the toolbar, maybe you guys can help.
Since I did that trick with removing VFR map and ATC from the toolbar… MSFS2020 remembers that and they are now ALWAYS turned OFF.
So now, in each flight, I first have to go to toolbar settings and toggle VFR-map and ATC back on to be able to use them.

Is there a setting somewhere in the msfs2020 settings for the toolbar to define what should be default?

Because it’s odd, now it remembers that I turned it of ONCE and with every new flight, they are turned off :confused:

Wow that’s odd. I just confirmed how mine is behaving - and as you might expect, it remembers that last config you had set, flight to flight and session to session. For me, if I turn anything off (remove them from the toolbar), after I add them back onto the toolbar, it remembers…

There must be some kind of config file that records the state. Sorry, but don’t know how that’s done in MSFS.

well I just noticed that it seems to save it correctly in 2D mode… but in VR mode, it seems to always go back to the version were I turned some things off…
Odd ^^

There is a mod (or a DIY fix) somewhere that limits the number of ATC messages that the sim keeps in memory. I made the change a long time ago (limiting the messages to 10) to try to improve performance in long flights. Not sure if that fix would help you or not.