May 25, 2023 Development Update Blog Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

4 Likes

obraz

Congratulations to console gamers, you’ve finally made it :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Was just going to say the same. Xbox folks finally have a top tier study level airliner available to them. Hopefully it’s a problem free operation.

Have fun, captains.

7 Likes

Good to see progress on the backlog, too. We went from 780 products in backlog combined last week to 692 now.

3 Likes

I’m obviously missing something, but can someone identify what the difference is between the two lines of “aircraft” listed in the “backlog: updated products”? Is one for PC vs Xbox, and which is which?
Regards

1 Like

three things are guaranteed in life (1) death (2) taxes (3) weekly updates with no commentary on bugs (i.e. PG, LOD popping, etc.) - positive note, mazl tov on the PMDG launch on the xbox video game

The Aerolite has been updated, what are the changes?

Congratulations to the Microsoft team for bringing us these beautiful aircraft. It will be the beginning of more and more Study Level aircraft on Xbox. Thanks Team. I only have one complaint: the lack of textures for the ATR!

3 Likes

The first line of the Updated list looks like last week’s data. Needs to be deleted. The second row looks reasonable judging by the number of updates released this week.

The column totals would make sense then as well.

1 Like

Updated list first row is last week’s data. Needs to be deleted.

And not just the 737, we get the BAE 146 as well!

Not a Captain sim product in sight. It’s a good week on xbox.

9 Likes

Thank you for pointing this out. We’ve corrected it so there is only the one “Aircraft” line. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

First impression of the 737_800
poor, no efb, double click everything
 Nearly£60 and it’s pretty unflyable.
I slated bredok, but this is no better on first look. Also straight to ctd every time.

1 Like

How exactly is it unflyable?

Their “UFT” is in production and is coming. In the meantime, all the functions for performance data, payload, sim ground vehicle interaction with the aircraft, etc. can be found in the FMC.

Press Menu and check out the options there.

This comment has me tempted to reinstall the sim on my Xbox just so I can see if this is true. The 737-700 is freaking awesome on my PC. They’d have to have done a seriously screwed up job for it to warrant this comment.

EDIT: I’m reinstalling it on Xbox, right now. I have to see this for myself.

4 Likes

I’m cruising in the 738 right now on series X and am blown away at the feel/sounds/look. There are a couple of bugs occurring but nothing serious yet for me.

8 Likes

This couldn’t be further from the truth, but please download and try yourself so you can see for yourself. The double clicking certain buttons is something new for the controller users (LT/RT for dials still works), but it’s far and away the best plane I’ve used on XBox so far.

I have been using the 738 and it’s incredibly smooth and flies extremely well. I will admit I’m quite a novice enthusiast when it comes to MSFS and only use the controller when I’m not on PC (still waiting to see the best flight joystick recommendations for console), but from what I can tell it’s the best out there for XBox so far.

2 Likes

I don‘t understand the mindset to purchase a highly detailed and sophisticated addon and then complain that the XBox controller is clumsy.

The complexer an aircraft is the complexer your hardware will need to be to use the addon as intended. It it (and has to be) possible to use the PMDG Boeings with an XBox controller, Asobo invented a way to do all the necessary actions. But you WILL limit yourself. Not only that you will never understand how the plane flies and behaves with that tiny thumbstick but you will never be able to react quickly to any upcoming situations in this dynamic simulation.

PMDG addons (and others) used to be quite expensive, often beyond 100$, so it felt more obvious that there is a bit more to them than just press a button and go. It wasn‘t a big deal to get a proper gear at home. With the lower prices the difference between software and hardware increases, people are more reluctant to purchase a 200$ yoke or stick to fly a 60$ plane in a 60$ sim. But I can only highly encourage everyone interested in flying and using such addons as intended to get yourself at least a simple joystick with twist grip and throttle control. Something like a TM 16000 for example. And most importantly, plug in a mouse.

YES the sim can be used with only an Xbox controller. I can hardly see the point in using such addons with one though. IMO that‘s wasted.

12 Likes

I’ve just purchased the PDMG 737 800 and BAE146 airliners on Xbox Series X.

I’ve managed to link the BAE146 EFB to my Navigraph account and have full access to charts and maps in plane.

I can’t find where to enter my Simbrief account details in the PDMG 737 yet - so many options
 I’m guessing that Simbrief integration will have to wait for the PDMG EFB update. Oh well, I’m enjoying a flight from Rome to Heathrow across the Alps at the moment.

Happy days

1 Like

I do use the keyboard and mouse a lot along with the controller since it is easier to click/adjust in the cockpit, albeit I need a new one since my mouse has started to go. I agree that I don’t understand anyone complaining about the controls on the controller for the higher detailed aircraft, especially since it’s not like it doesn’t work. It’s just a change from the default aircraft.

For someone like me, using the controller is an easy way to still enjoy flying in MSFS for the time being until I pick up a recommended throttle set for XBox. I’m never going to be an actual pilot, but I’ve always enjoyed aviation and have been an MSFS user since FS 95.

Now that more detailed aircraft are being supported for console I’ll go out and buy one, but I think there still is a place for us controller users where we can quickly hop on the sim, setup a few flights (even if it’s just practicing a few landing scenarios), and enjoy our more simplified setup for any plane available.

(Thanks for the recommendation of the TM throttle set btw. Will definitely check it out.)

1 Like