May 4, 2023 Development Update Blog Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

6 Likes

Excited for the AAU2 Beta!

15 Likes

Congratulations @ZILLNIAZI17! :partying_face:

6 Likes

Will be sitting patiently until July it seems. :man_shrugging: Updated 787 will be nice.

1 Like

Is the July surprise not the next World Update?

No update to the broken 4simmers A320 Neo liveries again!

Yet a duplicate Tivat Airport release when there is a good Pyreegue one already :thinking:

1 Like

There’s talk of a surprise being announced in late May. Maybe the release of that thing will be in July. Other than that, I don’t know what it is, but it’s not the WU.

1 Like

Battle of Puebla with an -a, not Pueblo :wink:

Other than that, really looking forward to the fly-in in MĂ©xico!

„Expert Series II“ maybe? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

For anyone keeping score at home, the Marketplace backlog went from 1004 last week to 900 this week. That’s the first time that the backlog number has significantly dropped since public tracking on it started, which is great. Hopefully it continues to fall.

19 Likes

Now we’re cooking with gas! Some great Xbox addons this week too. Good work team.

5 Likes

AWESOME update! Let’s go!!

2 Likes

Forgive me if this is a stupid question or if it’s been addressed previously, but in the backlog it shows 4 priority 1 new aircraft & 11 priority 1 aircraft updates… What’s preventing these from being released immediately? Are they still in some form of testing? Or, does that backlog represent items that have been tested and are ready to go, but awaiting a “Thursday slot”?

1 Like

Over 50 new items for xbox, finally I hope we’re seeing some momentum building. Given that new items are entering the queue all of the time it’d be even better if that number was 80+, then I think the backlog would clear out in a few months.

Very excited to test out the 747 updates in the beta real soon.

2 Likes

New stuff is entering the queue all of the time, developers need to do their testing etc and get it all signed off. I’m sure these are not being unnecessarily delayed by MS.

Hi there,

Not a stupid question! :slightly_smiling_face:

You are correct that everything must go through a testing process before being released on the Marketplace. Historically, all of that testing fell on Microsoft, and even in hiring new people, the team could not keep up with the demand to test everything. Back in March, the team instituted a new policy which put some of the testing on the developer, themselves. There are certain criteria that must be met, and the developer is supposed to sign off on that test.

I’m not 100% positive on this, but I think that there is still some testing that the Marketplace team does. But it is significantly reduced. The backlog list on the development updates represents all new and updated products that have been submitted by developers. (In other words, it’s not a list of everything queued up for the next Thursday.) But it does not give any information about what phase of testing any items may be in. Some of the items in the backlog may have failed testing and had to get sent back. We simply don’t know.

1 Like

I’ve been following these numbers since they started releasing them in March. I even graphed them out in Excel:

As you can see, with everything coming in each week, the numbers always hovered in the same 1000+ range until today!

18 Likes

My buddy is convinced the 4 that are “A” priority are the 4 737,s for Xbox. Happy the KPHX is available I got it from ORBX and it’s fantastic. The PA28 birds are awesome as well. Bunch of good stuff in this drop

2 Likes

Marketplace items like those from 4simmers, whose updates come from individual creators, are not part of the Development Update Discussions normally, unless these creators tell the team beforehand.
4simmers is working on updates. You can search the forum or check their FB page for info.

Good for them. The sooner they can catch up, the sooner they can implement freeware, and that’ll really be nice to have one day.

1 Like