[May 9, 2023] Expert Series I: ATR 42-600 / 72-600 Update 1.0.8

Oooh, no need to switch on the overhead panel? I don’t love that.

Rest of the update sounds sick. Nice job guys -

2 Likes

Should be just aft of the condition levers? Not on the sim, but it’s down there somewhere… pedestal behind/aft the condition levers.

2 Likes

You are the man! Thank you!

1 Like

For me external power worked as expected. Had to enable in efb and then toggle the button on ohp.

I think if some one doesn’t restart the sim after the update, the plane shows inconsistent behaviour, for me for a moment it seemed like the prob brake logic is fixed, which actually isn’t, but due to the inconsistency it seemed like it. Once i restarted the sim, it was all normal, i.e prop brake logic same as last version.

2 Likes

Sweet thanks. These ATR threads have been a wealth of good info and good vibes with people helping each other out - cool culture around this plane. Thankful to the devs and all thread contributors! I really like flying it.

4 Likes

Reading the list of fixes, am I right in thinking that they didn’t fix the issue with the MCDU freezing, but instead just disabled the ability to manually enter airways? Because I can say right now with 100% certainty that this wasn’t the only cause of the MCDU freezing. I really hope I’m mistaken and I’ve missed something

2 Likes

What does this mean

• Added support for split TAT/ALPHA and PITOT/STATIC lights
3 Likes

I also got the same behavior with the ATR 42 using the calculated TO trim.

Before this update, I just took about 0.5 nose down from the calculation and that seemed to work too.

2 Likes

What does this mean?

1 Like

There was an interview with Hans that mentioned a simbrief/navigraph integration is on its way.
However, I have no issues downloading the FP from the simbrief downloader. At least that works well enough.

4 Likes

Anyone else with something similar?

Reached cruising altitude minutes ago, but the ND thinks the top-of-climb will be achieved much later. I noticed this since the release. Am I doing something wrong or is this an error in the calculation?

4 Likes

i think TOC calculation error

2 Likes

I watched a video (real world) and the flow he used was lsk for current gps - that put it in yellow on init pos then click sensors init and it went green (shrug)

2 Likes

I know I was going a bit mad for a while toggling ground power back off instead of on until I noticed this!
It doesn’t do it on C&D startup, for some reason it did after landing while a the gate. Maybe I hadn’t toggled GND POWER switch off on OHP before departing previous airport so it remembered the previous switch state or something. It works fine on C&D start as I just checked.
There is a new delay too I think between pressing the EXT power button and ext power powering panels up. Seems like a realistic effect not being instant.

Quite happy with this patch so far. Just need to check VNAV which is different. There’s a VNAV(V/S) mode which I hadn’t encountered before which just shot me straight through my target ALT and kept going! Needs further flight time to assess VNAV though.

2 Likes

He got birdsh1t on the windows and it’s permanent basically.

2 Likes

In the pedestal just below the flap lever. If condition levers are in fuel shutoff position, it’s hard to spot.

2 Likes

Episode 7 of the Discover Series created for the community by a real-world ATR pilot is now available:

Thanks,
MSFS Team

21 Likes

Maybe it’s based on the 245 speed in magenta.

1 Like

Impressive patch, thanks to MS and Hans. Still assessing but I just finished my first test flight and thankfully, the ‘toggle reverse thrust’ command is back which I do prefer. Unfortunately reverse thrust is far too powerful and the first time I used it I wheelied the thing with a tail strike. Mind you, it did stop within 200 ft or so, making this the perfect large bush plane :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just did 2 short flights. ToC was correctly achieved based only on STD. Only issue was when I tried to set VNAV on in the cruise. It then flashed up VNAV/VS for a few secs and then reverted to ALT. When I then started to wind down my alt select the tod marker started to move back as I reduced alt pre-select. I gave up on that and went into VS to start descent. I carried on setting alt target to platform alt and at some point the path marker appeared. Switching to VNAV engaged it but it did not acquire the path. I had to VS below the path and then when I set VNAV again it held and continued correctly down till I took a/p off.

My lesson? DO NOT engage VNAV until I see the path marker appear, it’s fine to pre-select but “step away from the vnav sir”…

Aside from that - all good for me - no auto rotate and the cockpit switches were set correctly on entry, Will do proper flights tomorrow but I see this as a very positive step forwards.

3 Likes