Mcdu dir

i Am using a store version of fs2020 on a pc
i have a problem with the MCDU on asobo Airbus 320 (no addons for me) when in flight i decide to go direct to the next waypoint/vor…, it works but it goes back to the previous waypoint, instead of carrying on with the flight plan, eg here is a flight plan from EGLL:
“BPK7F BPK Q295 PAAVO M604 LARGA P144 SOPTO INVOL ELRID RIRIP ODESO LAKUT LAKU5A”
if i decide to skip SOPTO and go direct to INVOL, it does just that, but when i get to INVOL, the plan goes back to SOPTO, instead of ELRID…
Any help will be appreciated

Have a look at this post I created today. I had a reply from one of the FBW guys & he helped to clarify my similar problem.

1 Like

Thank you so much, so the trick is to put the heading bug into manual before clicking on the insert button, than put the heading bug into managed
Much appreciated, will try it tomorrow and let you know
Take care

I’m glad there’s a workaround, this problem is freaking me out. To me the original post sounds as if you should go on manual heading once the A/P goes rogue and then make a DIR to the next logical waypoint (ELRID in your example). I’ll check it out on my next flight.

Tried today but it seems the problem is still there, will continue trying to find a solution and hopefully soon,
Thanks mate