MCDU showing wrong GPS Location?

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Using FlyByWire A32NX, but it happened to me also with the base A320neo, but at that time I was thinking I did something wrong

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
When I was documenting some scenaries issues, it requires to give the excat location, so I was looking on how to get it, and finally I found out that in MCDU Data menu. So I took it and loaded into Google and Bing maps respectively to confirm it was accurate, but never was in the right location always a little far a way (at least by the way I have mapped it). In all the cases I remembered validating, always latitude had the majority of the difference.

As mentioned in the tittle, I added the question mark, as I was unable to find any documentation that may confirm or validate that there is or not an issue

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No. Before I want to confirm if is really an issue

Adding additional evidence using the developer mode.

Numbers are not matching. I don’t know if there is any conversion to bring from the 4 digit to 2 (which may be is something I’m not taking into consideration), but I was not able to find any example on the internet about this

Finally after some additional investigation I was able to confirm documentation on how to read it from the MCDU.

6632.9N → 66º32’54"N (Meaning 66.55269 and not the wrong usage in my case 66.329)
17503.7W → 175º03’42"W (Meaning -175.06203 and not the wrong usage in my case -175.037)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.