Memory Leak Gatwick EGKK , with or without 3d Party scenery

Peak CPU memory remained the same, and well under the limit.

With all due respect , You have not actually read the post , we have tested it with a default plane on a default airport , with the same result ā€¦ 4 Posters have already confirmed the issue and is reproducible , what more do you want ā€¦ The problem is you are just scanning the posts and NOT reading them ā€¦

Its 100% reproduceable on various computers and systems

2 Likes

What gate or parking spot are you guys spawning in. I see a number 4 in the first photo but I donā€™t have a spot with number 4 to select from.

I have read the whole thread, as I always do before moving them. Iā€™m not seeing 4 different people reproducing it in here, and one of those that does agree is showing screenshots of non-default scenery (which as I say would take it outside the scope of bug reports) and itā€™s unclear if anyone (included you) has tested with a completely empty community folder.

I take your point though, and the intention is not to censor rather to ensure the bug reports section is kept to itā€™s purpose of voteable bugs that can be replicated in a way that highlights an issue with the base sim. Iā€™ll pass this on to the wider moderator team to get a second pair of eyes.

1 Like

Im having the exact same Issue at Gatwick

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Oddly enough, I have a similar situation at Heathrow. I just tried Gatwick and was getting a stable mid-forties FR. Moved over to Heathrow and itā€™s at 20 FPS. CPU is getting hammered (46% when itā€™s normally 20 or so). Normal main memory use, but task manager says GPU memory is at 10.1 of 12GB, higher than normal. Stock airports and stock A320. Lately I have been unable to operate around Heathrow. Most times the sim will stutter, then freeze, then Iā€™ll get the ā€œcanā€™t read memoryā€ error. Doesnā€™t matter what airplane I use. Tried everything from the stock 747 to the 172ā€¦same result.
If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes, major issues at EGKK can the developers look into it please?

Strangeā€¦I thjink maybe the Royal Jubilee 70-plane flypast might have used up all the liftees or something! :grin: :grin:

By the way, they do look into a lot of issues that they are unable to reproduce due to the lack of clear reproduction steps given. Iā€™m still trying to reproduce it, and I suspect the developers might have the same issue.

I am using the Steam version btw.

@BoeingPilot8795, after discussion with other moderators, have moved this back to #bugs-and-issues:performance (original votes have remained). I do suggest you (and others) test and confirm in here whether you still see this issue with a completely empty community folder though, as that will help verify this thread as a sim bug rather than a bug or memory leak caused by (possibly unrelated) 3rd party mods.

2 Likes

Since I started getting these ā€œmemory canā€™t be read errorsā€ Iā€™ve tried the last 3 nVidea driversā€¦no change. With and without Community Folder contentsā€¦no change. LittleNavMap is the only 3rd-party app I run with the sim and it makes no difference whether itā€™s running or not. I donā€™t have addon scenery for the airports. The issue has occurred elsewhere on a couple of occasions, but it occurs every time for me at Heathrow (oddly not at Gatwick). I had never seen this error prior to SU9, and I think, but canā€™t be sure, the hotpatch to SU9. Iā€™ve flown dozens of trips elsewhere with multiple different aircraft and with flawless results. I donā€™t do long trips and donā€™t do VR. MS Store version.

A head-scratcher for sure!

After testing for some time we discovered that Seafront Seafront Simulations ā€“ Vessels Core could be the cause of the problem,removing it from community fixed the FPS degradation for me.I also see there is an update to it which might fix it also but have not tested yet.

1 Like

I hadnā€™t realised there was a thread for this - Iā€™ve had very similar experiences, with and without the Ultra EGKK addon, though itā€™s worst for me when arriving into Gatwick. Everything is fine until about 50 miles out and then the frames will start to drop, audio stutters begin and about 50% of the time the sim will crash when Iā€™m about 5 minutes from landing. Used to happen at (stock) EGCC too but that seems to be okay these days, just Gatwick.

I have the same, a lot of stutters and pauses. Just at Gatwick

1 Like