Memory loss over London after the UK update yesterday

Hello,
After the UK update for London yesterday, all my 32gb is used and I experience a lot of stuttering, as soon as I leave London and fly in Gibraltar, for example, only about 16gb is allocated.
My setup is as follows, I9 9900K 5ghz, 32gb 3200 mhz, RTX 3080 OC, Reverb G2.
Anyone else who has experienced the same thing and has any suggestions for a solution?

I experience the same total consumption of 32GB RAM while flying over London after the new update yesterday too. I just put it down to the detailed scenery, the rainy (live) weather, and large number of multiplayer aircraft at the time. My solution was to fly elsewhere for now.

Same here – full 32GB RAM usage when I took a quick sight-seeing flight over London last night with my G2. I also noticed the VRAM usage on my 3090 was higher than I’ve ever seen it (probably in the 15-20GB range, but I didn’t follow as closely because it didn’t max out like the system RAM).

Mercifully, performance didn’t seem to be impacted for me.

Using VR over the new photogemmetry of London is just plain awful. If you try to move your head to take a look around, the movement of the imagery is terrible shimmery. I’m sure that using any kind of VR devices over this area will damage your eyes eventually and is very irritating to the eyes and movements of the eye muscles. It should carry a health warning. Having said that, I do acknowledge Oculus health warnings - but there shouldn’t even need to be one with MSFT FS2020. In other words the devs should sort this awful mess out.

It might be there are also errors in the mesh causing these drops of performance. I’ve noticed there are places where all of a sudden FS2020 is trying to consume much more VRAM than available and this is causing stuttering in the 10’s fps as expected, and once past the area it resumes as if nothing happened.

Here is an example of mesh bug:
[World Update 3] London Photogrammetry Mesh Holes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.