Message: "Game Update Available in MS Store" But No Updates Available in Store

This is extremely irritating I know happened to me twice now. The workaround is go to your installation folder–for me it is here:C:\Users\user-pc\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe Rename the folder say just add old. Then go into Xbox and uninstall the game. Go back to the folder and rename it back to the correct original name then re-install in Xbox. If you dont rename it before you uninstall the game will be deleted. If you you don’t then rename it back to the original the game will be re-installed–all 97Gb of it in a new folder. if you do rename it back to the original it will all still be there and it will only do the update. for this update for me 6.5Gb

Following 3 failed [at 99%] 8+ Gb downloads, I bit the bullet and reinstalled everything finished late last night, run it once - all fine. This morning, nothing worked. I could not even get MSFS started - go figure - VERY disappointed. My solution, buy Steam version, take a couple of days away ant try again [say] Monday. Painful. BR

M.

I have an issue where MSFS hangs at the update but I think I’ve actually solved it. What I did to solve it was to go to C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\

and delete “ROLLINGCACHE.CCC”

Then go to
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

Sort this folder by DATE and delete 5 or six of the most recent folders and files and then restart. I discovered that the game had corrupted files and was essentially caught in some kind of decompressing / rendering loop. This worked for me.

I have an issue where MSFS hangs at the update but I think I’ve actually solved it. What I did to solve it was to go to C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\

and delete “ROLLINGCACHE.CCC”

Then go to
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

Sort this folder by DATE and delete 5 or six of the most recent folders and files and then restart. I discovered that the game had corrupted files and was essentially caught in some kind of decompressing / rendering loop. This worked for me.

just got the new update and when i press play it will not let me play it now i get blue line going across half way then it shuts off will not load