META Quest 2 has graphics flashing when moving head around

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Flashing of graphics when moving head around in VR mode.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Meta Quest 2 in VR mode cannot use due to flashing graphics while looking around.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Windows 11 32 Gb memory i9.12900 KF Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU12 My computer build: 10.0.22621

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?
Yes
Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

There is an issue with regards to using the Meta Quest 2 headset. The unit was fine until recent updates to both Nvidia graphics card RTX 3080 and SU12 of the Flight Simulator franchise. All sorts of different techniques were used to try and find ways to fix this problem, but all to no avail. It can harm the eyes and is no longer any good to use. Unfortunately, VR is no longer compatible for MSFS. The graphics settings within the simulator was tried as well as the graphics settings in the graphics card control panel. I even checked tutorials online and all proven useless or non existent. As far as I am aware, VR will no longer be regarded as being used in the future for gaming. It’s a shame as it was a good invention. I have sent feedback to Nvidia about this. I sent a report to support for MSFS and nothing was mentioned in return. I have tried everything, even from those people who have made videos in how to get the best out of using VR and the best settings to use for this game.

I only get this when I use DX12

I have been using DX11 as I understand that DX12 is in Beta at the moment.

I had eventually deleted the entire ‘Community’ folder in MSFS and it had worked wonders. The culprits that cause the issue with the flashing and scrambling of the 3D screen within VR is of course third party payware and freeware. It’s a great shame as these third party add on items have immersed the simulator with great reality at the time. It seems that the only true option to get the very best and performance out of the simulator through VR, is to fly using the basic scenery designed by the true developers of Microsoft Flight Simulator - and nothing else. Add on Aircraft that have been added are no problem. However, it looks like that there is no point for the ‘marketplace’ or any other third party developer to create content for the simulator due to the way VR performs - unless you purchase aircraft only. Scenery, no matter how good it is, sorry scenery developers - is finally a huge No No! (It may only work without VR!) Please take note. Cheers :wink:

Just a quickie, there is still a tiny bit of scrambling when hovering a helicopter over Bodmin ‘default’ airfield, so it could well be a fault with the graphics yet. However, there is more improvement with the majority of items deleted from the simulator. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 is not recommended to use with Flight Simulator when flying in VR mode. I thought that I had a solution, but it fooled me.

I have come to the conclusion that the Quest 2 VR headset named under META is NOT compatible for use for Microsoft Flight Simulator, either with or without a cable. Do Not bother to waste money on this device as it has now shown to be a load of rubbish. It goes to show that I have been using the wrong VR headset - as other people would have put me right by now if they were also using it.