METAR keeps disrupting the weather/ bugged weather/Cumulus/CB clouds only/no medium to high cloud coverage

I can only think that the onboarding of XBOX had something to do with this. Maybe they discovered the weather in its state prior to SU7 just wouldn’t cut it on XBOX, so they had to make a plan to accomodate the console, and therefore degraded aspects of it to make perf acceptable to those players…

Obviously just speculation on my part, but is the only logical explanation i can think of.

7 Likes

Could be, but why not the implementation in su5 when the sim was released on xbox? I know of xbox users also complaining about the su7 weather system.

This is too funny, a circle of precipitation surrounding the airport :rofl:

8 Likes

Yes this METAR blending is a joke, maybe acceptable for some pre-alpha testing.

9 Likes

Could we even call that blending? I’s more like cartoon weather to me.

8 Likes

Spotted a cloud today that looked very similiar to altocumulus lenticularis clouds. Winds were pretty high as well.
We can only dream :).

5 Likes

Nice but could it be that this cloud formation is due to a METAR bubble more than really meant to be a lenticular one ?

Yes, i dream that we see more variety in clouds. Hope they working on that. Weather is on servers, not impossible to see it getting better if they implement changes serverside.

If they really worked on improvements i think the most changes we will see in su 10 though.

In su7 we could see the most changes when we updated to su7. And the difference between su6 and su7 was like night and day. Su 7 were really bad in my opinion.

At release we could mostly see only complains about accuracy and missing cloudtypes. After su7 it was complains about accuracy, hard transitions, metar bubbles, generic clouds, volcanic ash, only comulus, no overcast, only 2 layers of clouds (low broken comulus and a higher more overcast), Hard transitions in high altitude winds. I know there is more things but i can’t list them all. I hope Asobo has made a list of all the issues.

5 Likes

It kind of looks like that from the screenshot but LOWS was reporting NCD in the METAR and the cloud was truly shaped like lenticularis.

1 Like

Can someone explain this?

This is real radar from Meteoblue at KBID.

KBID METAR

KBID 272235Z AUTO 22015G20KT 2 1/2SM RA BR OVC009 19/18 A2995 RMK AO2 RAB2158 CIG 004V013 P0015

KBID forecast

Those images i took on the radar on approach.

Metar bubble?

This radar is more like on the radar map i showed here above from meteoblue map but it showed up but after like 4 sec it dissapeard again. Why?

Here is the approach notice in the beginning of the video how the rain outside of the airport is reduced and dissapears but the circle around airport stays intact.

At 1:55 you will see this appear suddenly and notice the wind and pressure change when that is happening.

Check video and give Asobo advice how to fix those hard transitions please. I just want pre su7 weather back without those. I can’t enjoy it like this. I can’t understand the need of transitions there at all. Besides Meteoblue radar or whatever it was that appeard looked much more beliavable and accurate to the real radar on Meteoblue.

Did you notice the same things on approach @ZodiaLight

My own thoughts about it:

Server/data issues. I only get the METAR data around the airport that is handled on my own pc, not Azure servers. Those 5 seconds after 1:55 in the video i get the Azure data.

Now some time later i loaded up at KBID again and it looks fine on radar.

Asobo please consider check your servers/data or the METAR-blending. It doesn’t work as intented it seems.

7 Likes

all the effects and features that have been presented in this video are not present on the sim at the moment, what a shame

9 Likes

It’s sad how much the weather has regressed. And also how they just blatantly lied about certain points, like humidity and pollution having an impact on visibility.
Or maybe I’m just misinterpreting it, I don’t know.

14 Likes

Well I was under the impression thermals were now a part of it, until I watched an interview with Jorg the other day and he said thermals are not implemented at all.

Who knows what to believe anymore. They have such a disconnection with their user base and have progressively gotten worse at communicating with us, despite all the shouting about promising to communicate better.

One thing we can say if we just base on fact, is that the video above is now redundant as it does not give an accurate or true reflection of MSFS in its current state.

11 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Everyone is just stating something different, be it during an interview, a Q&A or in the dev updates.

6 Likes

Yep, there is a real lack of transparency, but to be honest there always sort of has been. The thing that frustrates me most is every time they say they’re going to improve something, whether it be transparency, communication, bug logging or whatever, in every circumstance it gets worse.

Take the SU10 beta for example, we have a dev update that I think was 2 weeks ago now, saying it is coming ‘soon’. We then have Jorg in an interview saying mid July. That’s what, at least a month later than the dev update, not exactly soon. The end result is nobody knows and are just left frustrated.

My personal expectations of SU10 are very little. I will bet with wind gusts, we will find ourself in a position where every single airport has unrealistic gusts, the opposite of what we have now. Anyway I digress before I get a slap on the hand by a mod. See you in 6 months time when we’ll all still be posting about the same issues.

12 Likes

In this video is also the old good nightlighting we once had…:sleepy: Still enjoying the sim everyday but the engine is capable of so much more…

1 Like

Also the density in clouds were more realistic that made the clouds cast more shadows on ground.

1 year ago live-weather looked like this :cry: No wonder why i felt dissapointed after su7. Exactly like this is how i remember live-weather. Smooth and believable. Check the clouds over the mountains at the end. I think too much is changed after su7. We will never have it like this again. I really really hope i’m wrong. Please Asobo give us the old weather back again.

18 Likes

So beautiful! Clearly the weather in the original version was simulated, not blended and the clouds were not painted with animated 3D sprites which now they try to improve by adding more types. So resentful how they have been fooling us for almost one year now claiming great progress and just about a perfect live weather system as if nothing before SU7 ever existed.

4 Likes

su7 was a weather dissapointment i really hope SU10 or 40th anniversary will be the real improvement. I want the simulated weather back. I didn’t bought the type of live-weather we have now. I thought they were proud of the weather they had at release. The users asked for too much to have it 100% accurate all the time that made them completely change the weather system to fit METAR :frowning:

1 Like

Best weather depiction ever. Su7 ruined the simulation forever…

9 Likes