Metar Lookup

I have released a windows app for metar lookups. It parses the metar report for easier reading. See here: Metar Lookup » Microsoft Flight Simulator

metarlookup1

metarlookup3

5 Likes

Fantastic tool. Now any even stronger case to toss out METAR from being used in MSFS weather.

Latest update has added the airport name, and QNH.

metarlookup3

2 Likes

If I can get around to a flight today I will test it would and let you know!

1.1.0 released.

Added ATIS for major USA airports. If anyone knows of an online API available for worldwide airport atis lookup, please let me know.
metarlookup1

Where are you reading this from? The sim or real life?

Can you read the ATIS from the sim? How do the two compare?

Real life only. So you will need to use real-time weather in the sim.

Would be good if METAR reports could be generated based of Meteoblue weather. Then those generated METARS could be exported to external planning tools. Then create weather using simple/low detailed METAR data would be a thing of the past :slight_smile:

Good tool though :slight_smile:

I assumed it was real life, but you didn’t say.

Assuming that, I was wondering how the real weather metars in sim compare with the real time real world metars. Are they the same, off by an hour or two or four or 12? How do they differ?

I think you can access the insim Metar (I think I’ve seen it done in the GPS’s??), but I don’t know if SimConnect can provide the data.

It is identical.

That’s good to know

v1.1.5 release.

metarlookup1

metarlookup2

Been using V 1.1.1 and have really enjoyed it. Saves me a lot of work from needing to open up a tab and search for the traffic flow. Much appreciated from a happy user.