Metar not available but live weather loading

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

yes

Brief description of the issue:

Metar not available but live weather seems to be loading in correctly. Happens anywhere in the world ive tested at airports with weather stations

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Provide coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

Time of post

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

As shown above

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Current Stable

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

No

METAR loads on for me. Sometimes it takes up to a minute.

We’ve moved your topic into the User Support Hub.

The Bug Reporting Hub is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce without duplicating an existing bug report. Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the User Support Hub category.
If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report and no duplicate exists, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

Thanks for the reply, i have waited with the metar UI up but still no joy.

1 Like

If other simmers can reproduce this… indicate what areas along with the date and time.

yes

no METAR right now (22:17 UTC) at KJFK (as example) in the sim but MB reports one

(Time adjusted to daylight on my screenshot but real time is 22:17 UTC)

1 Like

This happens a lot in the pacific and isolated areas. However never questioned it since i use navigraph charts to get metars and D-Atis

1 Like

Ok, that’s confirmation enough.
Moved back to Bug Reports.

1 Like

Confirmed on my end too (see screenshot below). We’re escalating this internally now.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

4 Likes

Nice one guys!

1 Like

Same issue. Just solved setting NOAA as source for METAR/TAF on the FBW A32N ipad page. For all other Asobo aircraft the problem persist

1 Like

METAR is back at KJFK:

I don’t think METAR is needed for Live Weather to work in the sim. And a lot of smaller airports don’t have METAR reporting anyway. Not for JFK :joy:

Just JFK or did you only have time to test there?

I also spawned at LFPG prior KJFK yesterday and METAR was also available. Do you still have an issue on your side ?

Issue seems to be resolved!

1 Like

Issue resolved.