Metric Units!

I want metric units also, at least for weight and fuel.
Back in FSX I get used for kg, also in real life I use metric system, so it will be easier for me using it in FS.

1 Like

For me, millibars / QNH would be great. Here in Europe, we are not provided with Altimeter-settings in inHg but with QNH in millibars.

As to weight etc, I do not mind as much because this very much depends on the POH of the aircraft. The Cessnas and Pipers I fly IRL are all calculated with USG and lbs, whereas the European aircraft I fly (such as the DA42 and EVSS) use metric units for their fuel and mass and balance calculation. Being able to switch those units would be nice but there are lots of issues to work on which I consider much more important.

3 Likes

So much of the game is Euro centric, but this missing feature is a glaring omission.

It was there in previous FS version. Can we please have kg and milibars for the load planner and also for ATC to use the correct units depending on location, please? :slight_smile:

Thanks.

17 Likes

Hi MSFS,

It would be good to have the Matric Unit available for easier W&B and QNH setting.

Cheers,

5 Likes

Yes please.

It seems odd to leave something this important out of the simulator.

Please add the functionality soon.

4 Likes

Totally on board with metric units.

2 Likes

I live in the US but I do use the metric system as much as possible in my day to day life. I agree, this sim should offer both systems.

We tottally need this - theoretically it is not a lot of work to do I guess and should be considered fast :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nevertheless, the A320’s MCDU, expects to input fuel qty in kg/tons and not gal/lb. As a developer I know is not complicated to add a new notch on the fuel settings page to also choose the units in kgs. Is hard to imagine why is that missing.

1 Like

I would like to see localised units. So When flying from, say Germany to the US, I would use metric units in Germany, and Imperial in the US, like in real life.

2 Likes

Agree that getting metric units as in Kilograms/Liters and HPa is essential!

1 Like

If your GA is not before world war 2 production, you have mBar/hPa. Every student learns 1013.25 hPa is the … pressure.

1 Like

True. Anyway never heard any real atis/atc use decimal part in QNH when hPa

1 Like

I’ve submitted a ticket to Microsoft to add metric conversion. It’s only fair they do this and I do think it’s an oversight.

1 Like

I did the same … they reclassified it as a feature request and said it might happen … eventually

I’ve already returned my copy of FS2020 and had a refund … there’s a bunch of things wrong with this “simulator” which make it too much of a game and not enough of a serious simulator for my liking (and I have enough flying games as it is)

In our sailplane here in Germany we also have meters for altitude… And Liters for Jetfuel… and Millibars for pressure. - Not only airliners. Deeply agree with having a selection in the Sim.

Only having LBS and Gallons is crazy. Being able to switch to kilograms and liters ought to be a must, especially since the Airbus displays it all in metric.

Its just legacy code

from Flight Simulator 1920 O_o

1 Like

How? Explain.

I hope they just add the G1000 function to change to metric.

Excert from G1000 manual:

G1000 Metric switch

1 Like