MFDs not working in various types after update 1.14.15

try going to content manager, in the “not installed section” if you have anything pending installation just install and relaunch the game, I tried it and it worked. I hope it would work for you too!

I too have no PFD in TBM 930 since the March update. Tried several restarts of the sim without success. Removed and re-installed the aircraft which did give me a PFD but sucess was short lived. Sim crashed to desk top and on restart the PFD was again resolutely blank.

Good call tasty, the working title add-ons were the problem.
Removing them restored the screen displays.
Give this guy a medal !

Note: But did not stop the CTD which began in earnest after update 3.
Can’t fly 10 min.

HI, I have 1.14.5.0 and lost every glass cockpit in all aircrafts. I removed all mods from the Community folder. It is empty. I tried to reload all aircrafts many times and nothing.
Totally disappointed and angry. Many people say this is the future…I don´t know if I will live enough to see this future if it continues this way.
Any further suggestions besides waiting for the new patch?

I’m utterly unable to get the GNS530 to display its screen in any plane that uses it (C172 and all the Carenado planes) when running the stock, vanilla sim (no mods at all - empty community folder). It works fine every single time using the GNS530 mod though. In the end, the stock GNS is garbage anyway, whereas the mod is as close to the real thing as possible and I normally always use it. I would strongly recommend it to anyone not using it.

G1000 is hit or miss. Generally works. I’ve flown the Bonanza quite a bit and it’s only not worked a couple of times.

The G3000 screens in the TBM are about 50-50 for me. And since I’m afflicted by the live weather on first flight bug, that means if I restart the flight, either by clicking RESTART on the pause menu or going back to the map, it means I don’t have live weather from that point forward. I need to shut down and restart the sim again in order to get live weather, which means I again have 50-50 odds on whether or not my TBM’s screens will work. That basically wrecks my experience and makes the TBM unusuable unless I want to fly in default or preset weather (which I don’t).

OK, I’m letting you know.

Restarting the flight worked ONCE for the TBM 930, but not today after several restarts. The PFD is black, the MFD has a strange green-on-black circle display I’ve never seen before.

I tried with the DA62, and had the same problem: black PFD, not fixed after restart. Finally, I tried the Cessna 172. Garmin displays in that aircraft (i.e., my navigation) were also black.

This is NOT “on rare occasions”. This is a consistent failure. I have all updates installed, NO mods, running on Windows 10 v. 2004, on a laptop with i7-7700HQ @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM.

Same here, MFDs/PFDs black screens on several aircraft types, e.g. Cirrus, Cessna Jets etc. etc. Seems like a major new bug has been introduced with update 1.14.15. Can we get a hotfix please? By the way, system/frame rate performance has greatly reduced as well after the recent update 1.14.15

1 Like

About one in every four cold and dark starts the screens remain black (B787). Restarting the flight “as is” does not remediate the problem. Starting the flight from the runway (running engines) does.
Then, 3 or 4 flights later: repeat.

Extremely annoying!

same problem here

So THATS how we got the performance increases back! Selective users MFDs get turned off to allow more resources back to the ‘cloud’ which gives the rest of us a stutter-ish free fly fest !

1 Like

For me it works on some planes, but not others.
works on TFM , but not on Cessna Caravan ( that might be the only plane I tried so far, where it doens’t work)

Today here is my record: TBM 930, all screens are black; for B350, the MFD is working but the two PFD are not; on the C700 all screens are dark. Frustrating, to say the least.

G1000 screens in the Bonanza: right has a big green circle, left screen nada. No mods.

The thing is that MFD is dead when starting up from C&D, CJ4 and Ab320, but when done by co-pilot (helping with checklist items) it works fine.

TBM 930 no screens, C208 left screen OK, right screen has only a green circle and is useless,DA62 the same as C208. At least I still have XP11 for instruments. MSFS only for VFR.
Edit: Restart MSFS and I got centre screen in TBM only. Odd.
Next time in TBM 930, no screens at all. Restart flight and it all came back. more oddness. Frustrating. When everything works, the TBM looks to be a nice advanced aircraft ( when it works!)

Most probably a mod conflicting issue

Most probably NOT a mod conflicting issue since ASOBO has identified this as an issue with the sim regardless.

The avionics are working only sometimes either at runway or cold and dark. Has been like this for about a month. any ideas? This seems too happen on most aircraft I have not tried them all.

Try this:

For the latest news on this topic, start the sim with admin priviliges (run as administrator) after renaming/deleting the vcockpits-instruments-folder - that seems to have solved the problem finaly for me - else it was recurring every 2nd session…