MFG Rudder pedals, physically don't recenter, damper mod applied, best settings and where to set?

I have just assembled the MFG rudder pedals… i took things apart to do the damper mod going down the center.

Im wondering a few things:

When i take my feet off the pedals (using cessna pedals), they dont quite return to center even at lower damper settings… i’ve tried playing with the left side spring adjustments too. Its visible in the sim, you can see the rudder is slightly off centered.

Is this normal real world behavior, guessing not especially when flying… whats the physical fix or if none, should i just set a deadzone in the mfg software of 80% or should i set it in MSFS, pros and cons of doing in the mfg software vs msfs?

Wondering too what spring setting 1 2 or 3 for the brakes everyone is using for ga, i left it at default and have the pedals slightly tilted back.

Thanks in advance

Are the Pedals mechanically Off Center or only in Software. Did you readjust them with the MFG Software?

Mechanically after i take my feet off the pedals for instance… i havent made any software adjustments, yet

Your damping is too strong, release it a little. And tighten the middle spring for more tension.

Pretty sure i tried that already, i have dampening on around 7 i think out of 24. Ill give it a go again, i added a photo to the first post.

Just a slight update, I may have goofed or not, unsure, but I thought that the front bolt of the damper was a bit loose, so I tried snugging it, I thought not that far and it has snapped, the plastic piece.

Now i have to hope i can get that piece replaced. However, in doing so I’ve come to realize now they snap back just fine, I guess even a 6 out of 24 on the damper was too much to auto recenter.