Mfs xcloud not accessible for weeks

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

no

Brief description of the issue:

game no longer accesible on xcloud, xbox support canot help and refers back to zendesk. cursor doesnt work. nothing can be selected in the menu. for several weeks now. Still waiting for a fix. Only rb and lb buttons works. Cannot reset control settings/profile and xbox cloud save profile cannot be deleted via xcloud.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

regular xcloud mfs menu but without a cursor.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I mapped right thumbstick to throttle axis in a new controller profile and then then saved the controller. After this, the game never worked again.

dont try this, there is no fix for this on xcloud unless, according to internet, you own an xbox and can delete cloud save profiles to reset controls, maybe.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

xcloud

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

xcloud

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

are you able to download and launch the sim on a computer? Not to play it, but just to reset the controller profile?

Hi, I cannot unfortunately, but I did notice in the past that on my same microsoft account, the xcloud and windows 10 versions of the game have seperate game states and purchases and settings.

I own the sim via Microsoft Store, and the same controller profile I’ve used on PC did transfer over to Xbox/Xbox Cloud. I do believe this issue would fix itself if you were able to launch via a PC and just click the button to change the profile. I don’t know of any way to reset the profile other than that, and right now you can’t use a mouse with Xbox Cloud gaming. Have you tried to navigate the menu using the D-pad and L1/R1?

hi ty for reply.
Yeah I see a mouse cursor, hehe, hiding there in the top left corner, but cant use mouse, indeed, on xcloud.
I can use the rb and lb, but not the cursor buttons unfortunately. A and B also work, enter and exit, but I cant seem to fix it with just lb, rb and a and b.

so just to confirm, this one doesn’t work either?

If so I can’t see how you can fix this any other way either :frowning_face:

I also tried removing permissions on my microsoft profile account. That didnt seem to fix the issue either.

@Papa4332
Do you think Zendesk support can reset the profile?

I do think I’ve heard this happen as part of a troubleshooting for someone else in the past, however it was a while ago if so, and I do believe it resets everything, the entire cloud profile, not just the controller profile.

If you’re willing to risk it, it could be something you can ask for, but I can’t guarantee that it either will

a. be possible for zendesk to do, or
b. actually reset the controller profile as well.

I still think the only real way for you to do this, if zendesk can’t just reset your controller profile for you, is to somehow get it to run on a PC. Any somewhat modern laptop or desktop without a GPU could maybe launch the sim into the main menu, and from there go to options and change the controller profile.

@twintwix1234
If you want to try contacting Zendesk, reference this topic. :+1:

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Ok, it looks like I’m not the only one whose encountered this bug with X-Cloud.

@twintwix1234 This went down the exact same way for me yesterday when I tried to fix the rudder and aileron axes that SU10 borked. Once I saved the new control profile I suddenly had zero use of either joystick and the game pad. Though, for some rediculous reason, the LB, RB, A and B buttons still work.

I’ve got an old xbox one and currently running X-Cloud on a potato laptop, so installing is likely out of the question for me.

If there is a way to reset my XCloud profile without losing access to my 3rd party addons and/or if this solution has worked for you, please let me know.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi, I contacted support and they will “aim” to fix this in future. They are very aware of it so I assume they will definitely fix it, but they say it is due to having old pc/windows or xbox account with controller profile maybe that is causing this problem. so maybe cheapest way to delete windows controller profile is to install on Shadow cloud gaming and then manually delete control profiles there or something? But I didnt try this. Theres also a guide to do that, but cannot do it without pc/xbox, so for 30 dollars I can get 1 month gaming pc to install mfs and follow the procedures. I dont think I will do this, but if I do, I’ll let you know results.
Not worth buying an xbox just for this game alone. I dont even play this often, but it is the only game I play.
So I think I will play after it gets fixed or maybe on second temporary alternative xcloud account.

2 Likes

Ah thanks for checking this out! I ended up just doing what that guide suggested and deleted all of my cloud-saved data for MSFS via my physical XBox, which included ALL logbook/bush flight/activities progress. That seemed to work, and lucky for me that none of those features actually worked all that well anyway.
Hope you have better luck.