MFSC Flight Club: Flight 1; the first rule of flight club is, you DO talk about Flight Club

Welcome to the Microsoft Flight Simulator Community Flight Club (MSFSCFC for short, although it is not that short).

r/MicrosoftFlightSim - Microsoft Flight Simulator Community Flight Club

First off, anyone with a passion for flight, adventure, discovery, and camaraderie is welcome! This is a community for fellow flight aficionados that enjoy taking off to a new exotic locale with a group of friends each week. Each week, a ‘host’ will guide you through the in’s and out’s of a community group flight. These may consist of wild bush runs, long range epic flights, and sight seeing extravaganzas. Each host should plan a time slot no longer than three hours; recommended times are two and a half hour ideal flight time, under a half hour for coordination and take off, and a few minutes for landing and debriefing, aka. talking about that amazing flight.

How it works:

Each week a ‘host’ guides the flight. That host is chosen at the end of the prior flight and chooses the route and guidelines for the following week. While the host does not per-say monitor any server activity, as this club uses standard Microsoft Flight Simulator Live flight rules (hereby abbreviated as MSFS or MSFS2020 or FS20), they are responsible for the etiquette of the Discord channel, providing a flight plan 24 hours prior to the flight, and leading the flight group through ascent, the tour, and landing. VFR is recommended for most flights, but IFR is not out of the question. The group does use a community Discord channel to communicate.

Etiquette:

All voice communications for MSFSCFC events are coordinated on Discord. The Discord channel has rules to abide by:

1. Do not disrespect another pilot.
  2. Do not fly beyond 5km of the Host.
  3. Do not overload the voice communications.

Discord Channel:

The discord channel link is https://discord.gg/gBFuGD7 feel free to join anytime.

First Flight:

Canyon Run:

Well, I promised an announcement of first flight as of today.
On 9/5/2020, Saturday at 1pm EST [5:00 PM Saturday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)] will be our first group flight.
We will be running a grand view of the Grand Canyon.
Start: Grand Canyon National Park Airport (KGCN)
End: Canyonlands Field Airport (KCNY).
This will be a fly-by-guide flight, where you will follow a host pilot; rather than a full VFR or navigation flight, to stay friendly to new pilots for the first flight. This should give a good and interesting vista for travel, as well as challenging air patterns within the changing terrains. If you think you are up to the challenge to host, command, guide, and mentor other pilots as our first week Hosting Wing Commander (or HWC), please feel free to put out a request to be this week’s host if you think you can guide new to experienced pilots alike and create a interesting, fun, and sightseeing route.

3 Likes

if you need a website i can put one up for ya

In :sunglasses:

I am in for all GA flights :slight_smile:

Can x-plane fans who complain here on the forum come with their copy of x-plane and join in - or is camaraderie mandatory :smirk:

Canyon Run:

Well, I promised an announcement of first flight as of today.
On 9/5/2020, Saturday at 1pm EST [5:00 PM Saturday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)] will be our first group flight.
We will be running a grand view of the Grand Canyon.
Start: Grand Canyon National Park Airport (KGCN)
End: Canyonlands Field Airport (KCNY).
This will be a fly-by-guide flight, where you will follow a host pilot; rather than a full VFR or navigation flight, to stay friendly to new pilots for the first flight. This should give a good and interesting vista for travel, as well as challenging air patterns within the changing terrains. If you think you are up to the challenge to host, command, guide, and mentor other pilots as our first week Hosting Wing Commander (or HWC), please feel free to put out a request to be this week’s host if you think you can guide new to experienced pilots alike and create a interesting, fun, and sightseeing route.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be opposed to a website if you could maintain it.

1 Like

Yes Sure!
Lets chat in the discord :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are we using the same aircraft or an aircraft with the flight envelope to remain near the group? I wouldn’t want to roll in a C152 and not be able to keep up with the TBM930’s :wink:

So far I have only flown in sim a few times and have had throttle trouble. Now using the wheel on my Fighterstick and it works well enough.

Also, so far no other aircraft have been seen at ORS. It’s a slow field IRL so I will need to logon and find a busy airport to see what can be seen.

We will be using single prop propeller planes. The choice is yours, but it should be able to keep up with but not overly outpace a Cessna 152.
When loading, avoid spawning on the runway so everyone can taxi out together and maintain formation. Wings will begin organizing at 1pm EST. Wheels off the ground by 1:30pm.

As long as it can fly as slow as a C152 without stalling :wink:

Joined Discord and may need to check back about joining a particular server or group. Tried the link above to see if anyone was there. Not at this time. So I still need to test the chat (text) ability to maintain comms with the group.

SmileyOr
PPL SEL since 99’
Portland, Oregon

Will be testing more in the evenings and hope to be ready Saturday morning.

Thanks for your reply Riptide572

Can someone post a new discord link please? Getting the expired message. Could help with a website as well :smiley:

Invite invalid, can’t join

What server will this be hosted?

I saw a couple groups fly out of KGCN today. At about 18 after the hour I took off heading NE.

I saw some extra 300’s, C172, Tbm930’s a b350 and more.

None of the names were recognizable. The voice channel I could barely hear. I was using my phone though. It took a while to set my mic to put.

My original login is woolantelope. I’m not sure what the game displays :slight_smile:

It was nice to see so many players in one area. I did a short flight out of PDX to find my house after the Grand Canyon flight. It’s clearly visible.