Micro-stuttering every few seconds

I’m on PC but I think I can do the same thing in windows.
I’ll give this a try

Yeah sorry, I was trying to amend your point, not contradict it :slight_smile:

This made a huge difference for me in VR. Thanks!

1 Like

This is a SU11 bug-- sure do hope MSFS/Asobo fix this in January! Super annoying.

1 Like

What is the PC High Perf. supposed to achieve?

Choosing High End PC Preset under Graphics sets a baseline for you to compare higher and lower settings. Others can choose the same High End PC Preset and easily compare the same graphic settings as you. I start with that Preset and then tweak some settings as per my preference. That way if you forget what setting you changed, you can always to back to the High End PC Preset, and start over from settings you know work.

Oh i though the person aon you were talking to was talking about VR.

This worked for me, i’m 100% stutter free now, Thank you for the help.

1 Like

I fixed the micro stutters by rolling back from the latest nvidia driver. Now it runs smooth again.
I am on a RTX 2070.

1 Like

Problem identified: -

On my CPU, there are three screens connected in Display Port

The freezes disappeared completely after having disconnected the furthest screen (2.50 meters) from the central unit

Conclusion :

The Displayport cable connected to this monitor has a fault **, bad contact **? – so waiting times that randomly blocked fs2020
but the fault appeared only with flight simulator, without any anomaly message

Note: no detection tool to understand the origin -
Solution and test to remember to find the cause of the anomaly (freeze):
1 - unplug usb
2 – keep only one screen

swapping monitors/cables around should tell you if a connection is bad

Which driver are you using now?

Exact
I changed the DisplayPort cable, and FS2020 works perfectly now.
A little long to detect because

• With fs2020, on the menu or in game, no information on the cause of the freeze
  • Normal operation for all other applications

MSFS probably pushes more data across your cable than any other app you’re using so hence the issue showed up. If it is an intermittent issue no application is going to be able to detect it.