Microprocessor Temp

I have noticed that when I am using the simulator, the temperature of the cores oscillates between 60 ° C and 90 ° C. I think it is a bit steep, I have an Intel I7 7700K. Does anyone know if it is normal? or if the simulator overloads the work of the cores

It is perfectly normal for CPU temps to increase under load, and there are several factors that affect how high those temps go:

• CPU overclocking
  • Ambient room temperatures
  • CPU cooling (air vs. water)
  • CPU contact gap with cooler

Temps in the 90s are indeed high, so one or several of the listed issues above could be the cause.

1 Like

This is a little bit on the high end, but normal. Your processor will throttle itself before it gets in to dangerous territory. I have an 8700k overclocked to 5ghz and it likes to hover around 70-80 in this game, but I’m using a Noctua NH-D15. If you are using the stock cooler that came with your processor, then I wouldn’t worry. You can also try changing the thermal paste if you are comfortable doing so - it should probably be changed every 3-5 years anyways if you’ve never done it.

2 Likes

Depending on your motherboard, you can probably adjust the fan curves in your BIOS. Seems a bit high to me. I have an i7-7700K o/c to 4.8GHz and have a CoolerMaster MasterAir Maker 8 on it and barely ever go over 65C.

1 Like

Buffy, have you checked it in this game specifically? My 8700k hardly ever goes above 65 too, but this game gives it a good workout. I haven’t seen a game push it this hard since Battlefield 1 and V. I have a glass case and a temperature display on my mobo so I can see what it is at all times, and I’ve been surprised sometimes at what makes it spike.

1 Like

Well, yeah, since we’re talking about this game. My Logitech G19 has a nice little LCD display that Afterburner puts my temps, fan speeds, etc for CPU and GPU, plus FPS.

If you have a GPU that blows air around inside your case, that prolly drives up your CPU temp too? My GPU (GTX1080Ti FE) has a blower so that helps. Plus I raised the fan curves a bit on CPU and case fans (case has 6 fans). Still quiet even.

1 Like

I had a 7700k was a bit toasty when under big stress even with push pull AIO, still have it on a different machine just not for the sim machine (9700k),.think it had something to do with the cheap thermal paste ■■■■ Intel were using, now things are a lot better

1 Like

I’ve managed to decrease CPU temps and thus thermal throttling by reducing CPU voltage by 150mv.
It’s completely safe and you can easily do it using the freeware Intel xtreme tuning utility. (or in the BIOS)

1 Like

I would suggest to possibly get a closed-loop watercooler. I have never gone above 65 C and I have a AMD 3900X 12 core. And while gaming I average mid 40s to mid 50s. I had an airflow several months ago and it would idle in the late 50s and when under load would be mid 70s. Then again that was the stock cooler AMD gives you.

Just a thought, have you treid disabling hyperthreading, may be worth a shot?

1 Like

I have the same CPU and I had the same high temperature. I just installed two more fans in the case (one in and one out) and now I never exceed 75°C. This could be a solution if you have enough space in your case.

1 Like