Microsoft ATR Tutorial Series in 4K

Requested by a lot of you watching over the last few days, I have been working hard at a tutorial series for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator ATR!

Across three episodes releasing over the next 24hrs I’ll take you from Cold and Dark through to Shutdown in 3 easy episodes, and a nice easy flight!

I’ve made an easy to print and use 2 page checklist for the ATR to help you get started too which you can download for free here: ATR 42/72-600 Normal Checklist for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

Episode 1 is now live for tonight, with the others following tomorrow - I hope you enjoy them!

22 Likes

Episode 2 covers Hotel Mode, Pushback and Prop Rotation followed by Taxi, Engine Start, Takeoff and Initial Climb!

Whilst it seems/sounds like a lot for one video again, they all flow nicely into one tutorial episode which I hope you continue to find ever useful!

Episode 3 is coming very soon…

6 Likes

Episode 3 finishes the flight off with an ILS approach!

5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Keep getting Tailstrikes when taking off in the new ATR? :thinking:

In this latest episode of my ATR 42/72 Tutorial Series, I’ll discuss the takeoff roll and rotation. I discuss Tailstrikes, rotation and demonstrate it too!

4 Likes

ICYMI - a full two sectors in the ATR!

1 Like

Episode 7 in my ATR Tutorial Series goes into a deep discussion about Trim based on a conversation over in the British Avgeek discord server a couple of days ago.

MSFS pilots who have primarily been enjoying the A320s have been struggling with manually flown approaches in the ATR (even the last few 100 feet) so in this video I discuss trim - and more specifically, Elevator Trim - as we rewind and go back to the basics.

Power, Attitude, Trim anyone? Hope you find it useful and enjoyable too!

2 Likes

I’m back with an extra episode - with the new ATR update last week, we have a new page in the EFB and some juicy Simbrief Integration!

3 Likes

Lots have been requesting this as an episode… So here you are - Go Arounds in the ATR!

1 Like

Episode 10 - Prop Brake Update!

It’s been changed up last month with an update to the ATR resulting in a different manner in which the prop brake is disengaged, centred around the Aux Hyd Pump.

In this video, I’ll show you how to use the prop brake to get out of hotel mode, nice and easy!

3 Likes