Microsoft Flight Simulator CustomFlight.FLT recovery

Hello all.

I have bought from Windows store Microsoft Flight Simulator 40rth anniversary. I have a little problem.

I read the topic about same aircraft and same spot spawning when playing world map. I found and deleted CustomFlight.FLT but then I saw that I deleted the wrong file. I had to delete CUSTOMFLIGHT and I deleted the one above it. When I got to recycle bin I need permission to recover it. All my settings and training progress lost. Any idea how to recover and replace it ?

Anything on those local folders which is relevant is sync on cloud profile so next time you start game it shall be downloaded automatically if it’s missing. The rest are autogenerated by game upon start if the are deleted.

Specially in the case of player progress that info is only lost if you perform a remote deletion of the cloud profile but even then any already granted achievements are still kept. Only the progress of the ongoing ones and the logbook are reset.

Anyway which file did you delete? Can you paste the filename here?

Cheers

Hey, i followed the instruction on this topic right here →
[I cannot load any different airport and plane - always the same airport and same aircraft - non ascii windows 10 account name - #75 by paranoidharry]

but as you can see inside the topic the path is : C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight and they guys said you have to delete CUSTOMFLIGHT.FLT. I have deleted CustomFlight.FLT wich is the wrong file and now all progress from trainings is lost !
Any way to get it back ?

That flt file is just a flight file as the one you can create with planner at world menu and it’s one of the autogeneted files indeed. There’s no reason to lose progress unless there’s any new bug out there.

Anyway you can still try to move the file out of recycle bin (cut it an paste it to desktop instead of restoring it) and then copy it from desktop to the original location it was. That usually solves some of the file permission issues. Do it while game is not running.

If that still fails open a support ticket. I don’t know what else you could do, sorry.

Cheers

1 Like

tried it need permission to do that.

What i have managed is i took this file and paste it in a second drive.From there i can’t paste it on desktop neither on C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight.

well i had the problem about the other articles was written my plane and path was everytime the same on world map.So first i deleted the WRONG file and then i got there “Control Panel” → “Clock and Region” → “Region” → “Administrative” Tab → “Change system regional configuration…” → and check the “Beta version: Use UTF-8 for language compatibility” checkbox.

The thing is what does this have to do with my lost progress. If these files are not conected with the progress why i lost it? I thought that CustomFlight.FLT was the file wich i deleted and lost progress. hmmmmm any ideas now?

I don´t know. Maybe other users know about this. I just tried to move files from MISSIONS out to desktop and back and it works. There´s a warning about permissions but I could still ignore it and proceed. I don´t care about progress and I have no training nor bushtrips stored which I presume would be the ones saved at that folder. The flt and pln files seem to be the savegame data of where your last bushtrip was played as far as I have seen (so they may store the progression of legs).

Cheers