Microsoft is discontinuing Windows Mixed Reality WMR

@EggsDooley. I’m in my late 70s, have a G2 headset, and used it extensively in MSFS several years ago. I have presbyopia and just as RagingWombat839 says, I had Costco make me a set of distance vision glasses that corrected astigmatism and distance vision not corrected by the plastic distant vision lenses inserted into my eyes after cataract surgery. I wore these correction glasses under the G2 headset (made with a smaller frame than I usually like to fit well under the G2 mask). I didn’t get lens inserts for the G2 headset itself. I found the G2 sweet spot acceptable and wasn’t bothered by lesser resolution at the sides because it always seemed natural to look where I wanted the sharpest vision. As another poster has suggested, from wearing graduated bifocals in my daily life, I’m used to moving my head reflexively without thinking about it to find the optimum focus for looking at something. I didn’t find the cable a bother, either. But then I’m also a very physically active person who works out a lot and doesn’t spend much of the day sitting in front of a computer.

Here’s one such post from back in the day: PSA: Reverb G2 small sweet spots, observations and solutions - #179 by JALxml.

As I noted in another post, the G2 is just another in a long list of Microsoft technology-related devices of mine that Microsoft has decided to abandon after an “experiment,” leaving their adopters in the dust. Microsoft has said, “We’ve got the right to experiment.” Users also have the right to lose faith in adopting their technology, too, after a relatively long line of hardware flops.

1 Like