Microsoft joystick sidewinde2 force feedback

MODERATOR EDIT:

Hello
I am new simmer on msf2020
I don’t quite understand how it works so I ask my question directly:
I use a microsoft joystick sidewinde2 force feedback.
I had msf2010 the rudder allowed to steer the plane on the ground without problem. When you turn left the rudder returned to its original position
On msf2020 when you steer the aircraft on the ground to the left (for example) the rudder remains sinking and does not return to the initial position
Would this happen with another joystick if I buy another one?
Thank you for your answers…

Bonjour
je suis nouveau simmer sur msf2020
je ne comprends pas très bien comment cela fonctionne alors je pose ma question directement :
j’utilise un joystick microsoft sidewinde2 retour de force.
J’avais msf2010 la gouverne de direction permettait de diriger l’avion au sol sans problème. Lorsque vous tournez à gauche le palonnier revenait à sa position initial
Sur msf2020 lorsque vous dirigez l’avion au sol à gauche (par exemple) le palonnier reste enfoncer et ne revient pas à la position initial
Est ce que cela se produirait avec un autre joystick si j’en achête un autre ?
Merci de vos réponses…

1 Like

Hi, I bought a new joystick which is quite stiff to use. So I use my very old Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 and it works perfectly. I did have the rudder problem you have but solved it by setting different rudder settings in CONTROL OPTIONS. For rudder, set Reverse Axis to ‘on’ with a tick in the box. Set both entries (both columns) to read: JOYSTICK R-AXIS Z and JOYSTICK R-AXIS Z. Hope this helps. Joe.

2 Likes

MODERATOR EDIT:

the dz axis does not take - by putting the dz- axis for yaw on the left and dz+ axis for yaw on the right even in the 2 columns do not return to the initial position - so I have to assign two buttons one for yaw on the left and another button for yaw on the left. So to steer the plane on the ground I have to press one of these buttons. On the game mfs X it worked perfectly and I had no worries to steer the plane on the ground
The compensation with the trim we felt perfectly the plane compensate on mfs X. But on mfs 2020 we feel less the effect of the compensation for the maintenance of the flight in level. Also trimer in cabrer and prick I also assigned buttons - But it seems that on some materials if you have a wheel it’s really great …

l’axe dz ne prend pas - en mettant l’axe dz- pour lacet à gauche et axe dz+ pour lacet à droit y compris dans les 2 colonnes ne font pas revenir en position initial - donc je dois attribuer deux boutons un pour lacet à gauche et un autre bouton pour lacet à gauche. Ce qui fait que pour diriger l’avion au sol je dois appuyer sur ces l’un de ces boutons. Sur le jeu mfs X cela marchait parfaitement et je n’avais pas de soucis pour diriger l’avion au sol
La compensation avec la trim on sentait parfaitement l’avion compenser sur mfs X. Mais sur mfs 2020 on ressent moins l’effet de la compensation pour le maintien du vol en palier. La aussi trimer en cabrer et en piquer j’ai également attribuer des boutons - Mais il parait que sur certains matériels si on a un molette c’est vraiment génial…

MODERATOR EDIT:
is someone having the same problem with their joystick?

est que quelqu’un a le même problème avec son joystick ?

This is the only assignment I have for my Sidewinder FFB2 rudder.

The twist stick for rudder has a physical return spring to center when released.

1 Like

I also use a Sidewinder ForceFeedback 2. As has been said above, it is important to assign the axis correctly by manual configuration of the settings.

I did have a problem with the rudder “juddering” - I solved this by carefully removing the handle (5 screws) - removing the potentiometer for the rudder and spraying it very lightly with WD40. I then removed any access oil with paper kitchen roll and manually operated the potentiometer with my fingers a few times. I re-assembled the handle and it works perfectly. Please remember to remove the electricity supply first!

MODERATOR EDIT:
thank you for your answer but I just realized that my equipment is taken for “sidewinder” while for you it is “sidewinder force feedback 2 joystick” probably not the same hardware …
when I take the z-axis it does not recognize

merci de vos réponse mais je viens de me rendre compte que mon matériel est pris pour “sidewinder” alors que pour vous c’est “sidewinder force feedback 2 joystick” sans doute pas le même matériel…
lorsque je prends l’axe z il ne reconnait pas

Change your title.

As i understand you want to use your joystick to steer the plane on the ground by use the planes nosewheel, which is perfectly possible by assigning an axis to nosewheel steering, also it is possible to assign button to the nosewheel steering left and nosewheel steering right.
Note that this feature is located in the controller options section of the sim, simply select the joystick you want to program, and then in the searchbar type “nosewheel”(in french), and select it which you want.
Be aware off the fact that most planes have only limited speed max 20knots where the nosewheel respond pretty well and up to 60knots give the need more reation time.

Hope this helps