Microsoft Pilatus PC-6 invisible fuselage WHEN IT'S AI OR MP PLANE with some liveries

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No changes maded

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

Microsoft Pilatus PC-6

Brief description of the issue:

Fuselage invisible for LOD 3 and 4 in models:
Microsoft_Pilatus_PC6_Gauge_Wheels_Livery_01
Microsoft_Pilatus_PC6_Gauge_Wheels_Livery_02

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://youtu.be/qlCt5k37K1M

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

When it is spawned as stationary aircraft.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Since the release of the aircraft

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Am I the only one?

I think so, yes

1 Like

Hi there, sorry, what you mean?

If no more people notice that bug maybe, have I corrupted files? How can I check the files integrity?

You didn’t check that first? For almost every issue you may encounter it’s much more likely that you have a local issue rather than a bug in the entire game.

First of all I reinstalled the plane. Second searched here and other sites but nothing found. And if we haven’t a reference file to compare… Neigher a way to check files integrity… Do you know another way to check if the file is corrupted?

Does it work perfect for you when this livery spawns as parked AI? How much space in HD each file?

• Official\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-pilatus-pc6-gauge-wheels-livery-01\SimObjects\Airplanes\Microsoft_Pilatus_PC6_Gauge_Wheels_Livery_01\model.01\PC6_LOD03.gltf and PC6_LOD04.gltf

-Official\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-pilatus-pc6-gauge-wheels-livery-02\SimObjects\Airplanes\Microsoft_Pilatus_PC6_Gauge_Wheels_Livery_02\model.02\PC6_LOD03.gltf and PC6_LOD04.gltf

Cheers

I use Steam which has a way to check files. Don’t know about Microsoft Store.

Also, it’s probably just the livery that’s broken. Try a different livery.

The files are the same than Steam version. Try to see if they occupy the same disk space please.

Yes, but Steam has a button for “Verify Integrity of Game Files”. So I don’t have to compare disk space. I just push the button and Steam verifies the files. I am assuming that the Microsoft Store doesn’t have that.

Did you try a different livery? Start with the default livery.

True, the Microsoft Store doesn’t have that. And yes, it’s only the livery as I mention before, but only fail for AI planes because when you pilot the plane, you only use the LOD00.

I only need someone to tell me if those files I mentioned, occupy the same disk space please.

If that livery is not from Asobo or Microsoft (third party livery) you need to contact the creator of the livery to let them know about the problem. Only they can fix it.

( Although, for a quick fix, you could copy the lod00 version of the livery into the lod1, lod2, etc versions. )

They are official liveries, that’s the reason I post here.

Okay mdapol if you won’t check the disk space of those files, it’s okay.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

I noticed the same issue when viewing a twitch stream that included a flyer in this airplane. The issue was not apparent on my screen while flying it.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

The livery colors change with distance. Standard livery, not an add-on.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Twitch

Right that, thanks for share @UkeDogpH. I think @mdapol is confused with the model which we pilot, the same than we can see, for example, in the hangar. And that’s the reason he says it works fine for him. The user model plane it’s ok, the fuselage is visible always.

The problem is when the plane is spawned parked on airfields as AI or another player is using it, because the simengine loads the LODs 3 and 4 of that liveries. I repeat only liveries Microsoft_Pilatus_PC6_Gauge_Wheels_Livery_01 and Microsoft_Pilatus_PC6_Gauge_Wheels_Livery_02

It should be scaled to the proper department for further review.

No I’m not confused. I know exactly what you’re reporting.

I must not be using the same livery as you because I don’t see AI planes as invisible (using this aircraft)

Good luck fixing your game

So you shouldn’t downplay reports from other users so easily, like you did with @CptGuiSouza, only because you never noticed that bug. You confuse admins when they are going to scalate a bug to the proper department. We are here to help each others and improve this fantastic sim among all, not to answer with negative no sense conduct that helps nobody.

Now you have recognized you didn’t see the same liveries I provided on the video, so next time respect other users having an issue and do not say so fast that it’s the user fault, at least, you should try to reproduce the bug before downplaying his comment.

Fortunately, thanks to @UkeDogpH it’s been escalated and demonstrated it’s a generic bug in the .gltf files from the official livery, so it’s not a problem to fix my game asuming a local issue like you are suggesting.

I’m not downplaying it. I’m helping to analyze the bug report. If this was a problem with all liveries, then I, and everyone else would be seeing it, then it would be a problem with the aircraft in general.

If it’s a problem with only one livery, then the problem is only located in that particular livery.

If it’s a third-party livery, then the developer of that livery needs to be contacted.
If it’s an official livery from Microsoft, then Microsoft needs to fix it.

However, if it’s an official livery from Microsoft and I don’t see the problem, then that suggests something else is going on and it’s not a general bug.

This is just basic logic. Sometimes people making bug reports leave important things out or misrepresent the situation so it’s important to objectively gather information about a bug report.

But most people just say, “Microsoft hurry up and fix it.”

And I also suggested a temporary solution which you may have overlooked.

It’s great that the bug was identified. I’m curious why I don’t see the symptoms though. But next time don’t be so judgmental.

:grinning: :+1: thanks