Microsoft sent me the list of all the helicopter changes for SU12

Hey everyone. Microsoft was kind enough to send me the list of changes for the next Sim Update, which will come out on March.

This may change, of course, but I believe it’s pretty set on stone. Find it here: https://www.helisimmer.com/news/helicopters-features-list-su-12

10 Likes

Thanks for the article!

3 settings are available: Realistic, moderate and low. At a realistic setting, turbulence is fully modeled, and the air will be very rough in some weather conditions. At a low setting, vertical winds and gusts still exist but their variation is much more limited with a low pass filter and even in stormy weather, the flight will be quite smooth. Moderate offers an in-between setting.

It’s funny, how perception of realism differs… ^^ But at least they finally do something. ^^

3 Likes

Doesn’t it always. Sims, in general, are all very relative. Which sim do you use? Which developer made it? Which joystick do you use? Do you have curves set? Do the curves match your joystick or are you replucating someone else’s curves? Are you a real pilot? Did you fly this model?

Even real aircraft fly different among the same make and model. It’s all very, very relative!

3 Likes

YES! It’s been bugging me that the Throttle doesn’t work for helicopters (outside of the Cabri G2). Hopefully, the 407 gets the fixes it so desperately needs, although I’ve moved on to the Cowan 206.

Hopefully, we start getting more helis, too! Need my UH-60 and H125!

2 Likes

Cowan will be working on the H125 but this one should take a bit longer because of the VEMD.

As for the BlackHawk, that would be amazing for sure. Heck… ALL THE HELICOPTERS would be amazing!

3 Likes

So reading between the lines, they’re convinced their heli model is OK & just needs tweaking.

1 Like

First of all thank you for bringing this to us, much appreciated. However, the actual changes don’t really seem that substantial? Will the throttle work now to allow realistic startup procedures and needle splitting in turbine helis (autorotiation)? It’s not really clear. I don’t know, seems that it’s not actually that much changing for helicopters in sim12.

3 Likes

We’ll have to wait and see. That’s all they have sent. The inclusion of more variables is something developers have been asking and while it’s not close to what is needed, it’s another step in the right direction.

1 Like

The flight model is not horrible. It needs work but it’s not FSX. I am hoping more changes will come in the future as this is not going to be the last update with changes for rotorcraft for sure.

3 Likes

Cowan’s got a 125?! :heart_eyes: I NEEEEED IT.
I lurk the RotorSimPilot Discord every once in a while, I’m hoping they’ll start releasing stuff.
I know Fred from Airland FS just finished up his R44.
Lastly, HPG will be releasing their H145 with the native flight model.

The only problem is, I’m on Xbox, so it’s not a question of “when”, just “if”.

What do they mean by increasing aircraft engines from 4 to 16?

The number of engines developers can add to an aircraft will now be of 16 instead of 4.