Microsoft Waiting Simulator

12-core CPU, 32 GB RAM (quad channel), 8 GB VRAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD and 1 Gbps of internet speed.

2 minutes and 38 seconds from Steam to the main menu. This needs to be improved. It is unacceptable.

Video:
youtube . com / watch?v=uikYpVTlBFs&

Edit: On the same PC, P3D v5 only takes 10 seconds to display the main menu. I’m not talking about the loading time from the main menu to the plane.

2 Likes

Just adding in. Without Steam, 2 minutes 2 seconds here. I don’t find that too bad, especially considering how long it takes for my P3D to fire up.

5 Likes

Yeah, 2 minutes is kind of a lot but it is not that bad neither. My fully upgraded P3D/Xplane would take more than that. And starting a new flight, offff, that would take ages. I think there are worse problems right now. 2 minutes load time is a 1st world problem right right now.

3 Likes

2minutes? That’s rookie numbers never played Gta5 ?

My cities skylines with 4000+ mods took 35 min to load

3 Likes

GTA V

From Steam to Start Menu: 50 seconds

Cities: Skylines

From Steam to Main Menu: 20 seconds

MSFS

From Steam to Main Menu: 2 minutes 38 seconds

yes two minutes too. is it possible to skip xbox, asobo, blackshark screen? and the “press a key to start” screen is totally useless. 1’30" saved without that.

2 Likes

It would be a lot quicker if we could disable the intro sequence. I don’t think I need to be reminded every time I open the game who made it in an uninterruptible advertisement. Usually you just add something to the program exe shortcut like “-nointro” but I’m not sure what code if any exists to alleviate the logos.

1 Like

This should help a bit.

3 Likes

Do the GTAV test but try and connect to an online lobby.

You can probably load MSFS, make a flight plan, select a nice plane, fiddle with the weight settings, fly the flight, land, taxi, shut down and get a cuppa in the time it takes to connect to an online lobby :smiley:

2 Likes

Have you read my post? I’m just talking about the loading time from when you click Play on Steam to the game’s main menu. It is very easy to understand.

GTA V -> 0:50
MSFS -> 2:38

1 Like

And I think you missed the humour in my post to continue pretending to be angry :smiley:

1 Like

Great. Thank you!

Yeah, disabling the intro sequence and also the Press any key to start would be nice. Why would I not want to start at that screen?

2 Likes

Agree. Intro sequences are frustratingly long.

1 Like