Mid Flight CTD without any reason and solution yet

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes to it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?

Yes, and I’m playing in safe mode.

Brief description of the issue:

20 minutes to 1 hour into the flight and crashed without any message and any trace in Event Viewer or reliability monitor.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

n/a

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

fly anywhere, from the airport or start-up in the sky. Fly around 20 minutes to 1 hour and CTD just like ALT+F4’d the game. I tried using any aircraft; 747, A320, King-air, Darkstar, and F/A18 all same CTD mid-flight after some time in the sky. Mostly fly in the morning, noon, and afternoon. My settings is Medium & High with Vsync on and dlss on quality.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Ryzen 9 5900HX
RTX 3070
32GB RAM
1TB SSD
Zephyrus Duo SE (Total 3 Monitor (2 laptop monitors & 1 External))
8BitDO Pro 2 wireless controller

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

N/A, the crash was untraceable in the event viewer and reliability monitor

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.27.21.0 (Very new to MSFS, I just installed it last week)

This crash is very weird and almost every CTD fix that is mentioned in this forum is not working. It is untraceable on the event viewer and reliability monitor so I can’t get the error codes or actually know what caused the crash in the first place.

What I’ve tried

• Restarting the computer (duh)
  • Reducing Graphics Quality
  • Disabling Rolling Cache
  • Turning on VSYNC and using 50% monitor refresh rate
  • Updating Nvidia driver
  • Rollback Nvidia driver
  • Updating Windows
  • Turning on windows game mode
  • Turning off HAGS
  • Turning off Antivirus
  • Underclocking GPU (originally not overclocked)
  • Run in Safe Mode
  • Uninstalling all addons
  • Running in administrator
  • Customizing pagefile
  • Changing DNS
  • Set MSFS to low priority
  • Uninstalling Audio software (Realtek, Nahimic & Sonic audio)
  • Disabling oculus OVR
  • Reinstalling Xbox app

I am not yet(?) reinstalling the game since most CTD issue here isn’t solvable by reinstalling the game and my internet is basically using data, so I will hardly consider redownloading 120gigs+ for something that is not yet certain.

Please if you have any solution or any idea why the crash always happens to me, please do tell me. I really can’t wait to be back flying again since FSX.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Topic moved into Community Support > CTD Help for community assistance.

The solution is to first run MSFS and all its addon needed and open Task Manager, end task “explorer.exe” in the services tab. Do not close the task manager until finished playing msfs. After you finished playing MSFS, open task manager and go to “Run new task” type exlporer.exe to restore windows.

1 Like