Mig-29 engine audio and throttle response: is it an FA-18 "reskin"?

There’s an excellent freeware Raptor that’s better than anything Deimos charges money for, and they’re working on an enhanced payware version too.

(Beware; there’s another F-22 on Flightsim.to that’s one of FlightSimSquad’s “sharing as they learn how to build aircraft” unfinished 3D model-based freeware planes…)

Both AZuzpoly jets are fun and good dev. MB-399 from indiafoxteco is a good trainer.

Give this thread a look

Don’t be disappointed by the F-35s performance, it’s not as fast and agile. Its a big fat and slow truck compared to the F-16 and again, not an interceptor. The VTOL is cool and of course the avionics are nice.

Well, drat… it’s a mod, so none for us Xbox users. :expressionless:

I own the DC Designs F-14 and I fly it the most. I love it. The latest update makes it better. I own the F-35 as well. I enjoy flying it the VTOL is fun, but I don’t fly it that often. There are a few devs to avoid, before you buy anything search the forums here, there are a few they keep coming up as not very good.

1 Like

The Mig-29 is fun but breaks easily due to the Gs it pulls. Any way to tame it? Such as toggling on a G limiter or something?

Somebody gave me a very good tip with the F16 where you can enable and disable the G limiter… I forget the abbreviation.

Anything similar with the Mig 29?

No idea about the Deimos jet, but the real one has a “soft” G-limiter that the pilot can override by simply just pulling back on the stick harder.

Oh, i think you misunderstood.

I want the opposite effect - for the jet to impose some kind of G limit so that I don’t end up breaking the jet as it suddenly goes to pulling a lot of Gs out of nowhere and does this weird rapid nose direction change and tail wiggle during both rolling and pitching.

I just want it to feel stable and predictable and I’m sure there’s a way to do it in the actual Fulcrum - so there must be a toggle in the game too.

So I want it to feel tame and stable not a hyper G-machine out of control…

Not so much, it’s not a fly-by-wire jet, there’s a stick limiter for G and AoA that pilots can just pull through, and that’s basically it.

Ah, I thought so as much. For an old jet, the agility and maneuverability on this thing is ridiculous. I mean you’ve to be careful not to engage in any sharp tugging or pulling at high speeds… The jet just breaks without warning! Btw, I’ve noticed that in the external view, only some jets show the G indicator and Mach number, like the Super Hornet and Falcon e.g. but not the Fulcrum. Do I have to change settings or something? I can never tell how many Gs I’m pulling in the Mig until it breaks and I have to start over😅

Too bad though, an FLCS toggle would have really helped tame the beast.

Sorry for the off topic: is there a setting to get the F-16’s engine nozzles to open and close with throttle up/down? They remain stationary even after AB is fully engaged. It’s a neat touch in the Rhino when you go full throttle the nozzles will open, so was expecting the Falcon and Mig to show this too externally… But alas, nothing.

Do people still buy these horrible so-called fighter jets with copy/paste avionics and flight models? I even saw a GNS430 in one of them, lmao.

“Thank goodness I didn’t get the Felon then”. You shouldn’t even have considered that from the beginning. There are plenty of reviews on Youtube where you clearly can tell that these are extremely poor cash grabs and it upsets me that so many gamers encourage these developers by purchasing their products without doing any research whatsoever.

If you want to zip around mountains in a fast fighter jet, just fly the stock F/A-18. It’s pretty bad but still better than most payware fighters.

I’ll take the F-16 over that any day. Super-gladly and “bigly”… :smiley::sweat_smile: