Mig-29 engine audio and throttle response: is it an FA-18 "reskin"?

Kind of underwhelmed by the M-29 fulcrum so far. It seems like a re-skin of the FA-18… Sounds exactly the same with the same throttle response or up/down rate when manipulating the throttle. Even the sonic boom effect is the same.

So they sound exactly the same and have the same throttle and engine response in real life?

I think that dev is not very highly rated, they have some more add-ons which every body complains about. Sonic boom sound will not be any different, nothing strange there. But regarding the rest you are probably right, it’s just a pretty model with some stuff copied from the F/A-18.

Look at this for example:

Well, thank goodness I didn’t get the Felon then. I was about to. So the F16 had a solid version previously (copied from elsewhere) which they replaced with a dumbed down version?

I’ve flown the F16 in other sims… It does not have that fighting falcon feel.

Which F-16 do you have? Same dev? I think there is another F-16 from SC Designs. Don’t have that one but I believe that is a respected dev.

The SC Design one - it’s available for $33.99 and includes three versions of the F-16. One single seater, and two double seaters.

the only plus point i could find with SU9 was the better flight performance of the F/A-18. before that the mig 29 was a lot better and more fun

Oh? You don’t say…

So they broke the Mig 29? Pretty sure it’s not supposed to sound exactly the same as the Super Hornet. Particularly the throttle response/speed when using the up/down button. It’s cool that the F16 e.g. has such a quick and instant throttle response… It’s like that in most fighters IRL.

Thinking of refunding the Fulcrum but too late by now I think, lol

Now I’m hesitant to pick up the other fighters like Tomcat, Stoke Eagle, Raptor, Felon, etc.

I’m a side note, was expecting to see better vapour and after burner effects on the Falcon and Fulcrum.

no, i think the mig 29 was better than the F/A-18 version one. the super hornet is a lot more fun now. out of your list i have the f-14 tomcat and f-15 eagle. the two tomcats are my favourite fast jets. detailed and fun, takes some practice to land smoothly but great fast movers. f-15 easier and agile both more detailed than the mig 29 but of course expected with the higher purchase price

No. The SC Designs F-16 is better. The Deimos one was the customary low Deimos quality, even with stealing elements from other devs.

I think at some point I will bite the bullet and get both the Tomcat and Strike Eagle. Wish Asobo would give the Mig-29 its own jet engine sound and rate of throttle response/ increase-decrease speed.

Feels like I’m just flying a different handling and faster flying super hornet… :unamused:

How can Asobo give the MiG-29 anything? They didn’t make it.

If you don’t like things about it, take it up with the developer, Deimos.

You understand all of the aircraft you’re discussing except the Hornet are made by third party developers, right?

1 Like

You will enjoy the Tomcat’s and the Devs just done a great update with more liveries and visual effects.

@MiddcoreGaming Relax :sweat_smile:

I’m new to the game and still figuring things out. I guess I will track the developer down although I’m sure they frequent these forums from time to time…?

Had I know it was a near-copy/paste of the Hornet, probably would have bought the Eurofighter instead.

Oh well…

Lol the Eurofighter is one of the worst add ons ever made for the sim. It’s an infamous meme.

1 Like

Don’t feel too bad the first jet I brought was mscenery A-10 which is terrible. Like everything a little research is king and knowledge is power. The good Devs post on this forum and/or answer questions on there websites.

1 Like

Oh, well shucksy boo… Glad I brought it up!

Any other jet fighters I should avoid buying?

Look at it another way.
Get these with confidence:

• Just Flight - Hawk T1/A (trainer jet but amazing)
  • IndiaFoxtEcho - F-35 Lightning II
  • SC Designs - F-16 Falcon
  • AzurPoly - Fouga Magister

Any of the DC Designs are solid too (F-14 / F-15), but I don’t own them yet so not in my little list up there!

1 Like

Sweet, looks like the F35 is next on my list, and I probably don’t need to get the Raptor then…?

No - don’t get the Raptor!

Lol, alrighty then :smiley: