MilViz KC-135R?

Back in 2012, MILVIZ made a post on their forums asking which KC-135 version they should model, I assume for FSX/P3D. Unfortunately, this aircraft was never released to the public, however, it still has a page under their military section that says “In Development”. Is there any chance we may see this in the future for MSFS (mainly asking the MILVIZ team), and if it was released for MSFS, would you buy it?

I‘d be in for a properly done 707 anytime… Tanker? No.

Yeah, why make a tanker when you can make a popular airliner? But im still thinking that other games are better suited to military aviation anyway.

I’d love to see a KC-135 in the game. And as a future feature someday, it would be really cool if Multiplayer supported refueling from one plane to another. And I love that I can fly military aircraft in MSFS, I think it’s a great platform for so many things.

For that matter, a KC-46 would be cool, too.

2 Likes

Well they are supposed to be doing mid air refueling for the sr-71 so would that be appropriate for that usage? :thinking:

1 Like

Who’s “they”?

I don’t understand what you mean? Mid-air refueling is used all the time by military aircraft, whether it’s training sorties, recon, or whatever. There’s so many military missions available for planes to fly that don’t involve blowing things up it’s not even close to funny.

Who’s they… milviz/blackbird

1 Like

Ahhhh, I thought you meant something to do with Asobo around the Darkstar or something.

1 Like

If this did ever come along and with some AAR functionality, I hope that they might include the short hose Probe and Drogue adaptor rather than simply just the flying boom method.

That would only apply to aircraft that have a probe. Ie don’t expect to plug a drogue with a SR-71 or F-15. Both of those jets are strictly boom only.

Of course they are, but half of the World including the USN use the probe and drogue method which is why the hose adapter was adopted. After 30 years or so of living next door to a 135 base, I can tell you that they were in fairly common use too.

“Return pre-contact” … not again!

If you can tow gliders in MP then you can get some semblance of AAR, but it’ll really miss most of the experience - trying to chase a drogue that’s bouncing around in the airflow off the nose of the a/c, the wake turbulence from the tanker, the hose moving around after you’ve plugged in, etc.

1 Like