Milviz PC 6 G1000NXI

The alert messages on the G1000NXi dont work ( greyed out) on my Milviz PC6.
Can anyone advise if this is normal?

Unless something has changed, you have to do a little trickery to use the NXi and the PC-6. Part of that involves downloading the GTX750. I can’t remember exactly what is required though. :frowning:

I believe the NXi is supposed to be fully compatible with the PC-6 (or vice versa) now - I waited until it was before I bought the plane, and have been flying it a good bit recently, and haven’t noticed any issues.

1 Like

Not true. With the latest version of the Milviz PC6 the Nxi is supported normally. Just ensure you have the latest version of the aircraft and the NXi.

Thankyou.Not sure if the alerts have been included for pc6 though

Which alert messages due you mean? The messages like AUX PUMP ON etc do work as expected, and show up in green on the PFD.

I meant any messages showing when the alert button is pushed on the PFD.My alert button is greyed out and i wondered if i have a pc error.I do get the engine start up error messages - like bat fail, gen fail, aux fuel pumps- on the PFD but these dont seem linked to the alert button - unless they are not meant to be.Thanks for any comments

All failures work fine for me with the most recent PC-6 and Nxi installed.

Is your alert button permanently greyed out?

Both caution and warning button light up when they should (e.g. reversing thrust).
Perhaps I reinstall of the two modules will sort it out.

So do mine. But my question to anyone is should the alert buttons be greyed out.I assume yes.

You are correct.

Thanks.
I dont get green GPS and AP annunciators at the top of the PFD.
I get the magenta text though
Again Im a bit unsure if I should get green annunciator text when GPS,AP,GS etc are captured.ie not sure if these yet to be included in NXi for PC6.

I don’t see the AP indications on the top either, but I guess that’s because it’s using a different AP unit.

Thanks.I understand now. Because it uses the GT750 as opposed to the G1000NXi. I thought my use of Honeycomb Bravo might be affecting what is displayed.