Milviz PC-6 Porter Flaps and iPad issues

Recently picked up the PC-6 Porter from Milviz/Blackbird and so far really enjoy it. I never do any bush or STOL stuff, so this is all new and quite exciting!

That being said I have 2 issues so far with this add-on. Firstly the iPad will not turn on. I pick it up and press on it’s black screen and/or power buttons and it never comes on like the other iPads in other add-ons. What am I missing here?

Now the other, perhaps more pressing issue. I cannot figure out how to bind the flaps switch in this. It does not respond to the flaps binding/buttons I use for EVERY other aircraft. I’ve tried all the other “Flap” related controls in the settings (Increment, down, even the axis), and to no avail will any of them get the flap toggle switch to respond in the Milviz Porter. The flaps lever is more akin to that of a Cessna in that you press and hold it up or down, rather than lowering or raising it in notches, that much I get, but still cannot get it to respond to any of the “Flaps” controls.

So in summary, can’t figure out how to bind the flaps or turn the iPad on! I’m not that old yet, I’m only 35 :laughing:

1 Like

For the IPad: It works if You turn the Panel lighting knob.
For the Flaps: I use like You do the standard binding and they work as soon as Aircraft is powered.

1 Like

Sigh, I feel stupid now. I guess the flaps were working correctly, but the physical flaps lever in the cockpit was not actually moving, thus I thought the flaps were not moving either, but they in fact were.

looking out of the side window every now and then also helps :wink: furthermore, a noise can clearly be heard when the flaps move… and yes, the flap switch in the cockpit is not animated :slight_smile: