Milviz PC-6 Porter starting issue

Anybody find a solution to this issue? I started to encounter it today. I made a post in the Milviz support forum, but it’s quite dead over there.

1 Like

what exactly is the issue? not many have issues with the porter. its a study aircraft.
you need to learn how to operate it properly.

The issue is that after starting the plane, it fails to respond to the throttle when attempting to taxi. With the plane running, I can firewall the throttle and get no response, no RPM increase, nothing.

As for learning to fly properly, I have over 50 hours in the Milviz Porter. I’m in the middle of an Amazon River trip and suddenly it’s doing thie.

1 Like

Have you added new hardware, changed your hardware, reset/modded/changed your settings, or otherwise done anything else?

Yeah, I have a new desktop PC. Was playing on a gaming laptop previously. Using the same throttle quadrant (honeycomb bravo) as before with the same settings profile. When I move the throttle with the quadrant, I can visually see it move in-game, so it’s not a mapping issue. Problem is there’s no response from the plane at all.

username on our forums please?

PM’d it to you

Responded.

2 Likes

Thanks a ton for helping out. I posted in your Forums, but I’ll post here too in case somebody has similar issues.

After much troubleshooting, it turned out to be a conflict with the Toolbar Pushback mod. I was taxiing in the FlyingIron Spitfire when it just hard-braked on it’s own and slammed the prop into the asphalt. I then loaded up the Milviz Porter, started it, and was taxiing when it suddenly stopped. Then it dawned on me that maybe the game thinks there’s a pushback tug attached. I exited the sim and removed Toolbar Pushback, and launched again. Went to the Porter, and the throttle worked fine, the ITT displayed accurately, and no more sudden stops on the ground. Who knew a pushback mod could cause so many issues with a plane?

To summarize, Toolbar Pushback was causing the following issues with the Milviz Porter:

• Random throttle issues
  • ITT showing unrealistic low numbers (below 30)
  • Sudden stops on the ground that can not be fixed

Had the same issue, thanks for posting.

Interesting I too have had the same problem with this plane, since I bought it. I guess I will try unloading toolbar pushback and see if this finally resolves the issue for me.

I have the same problem. My work around is to exit and reload the flight. Start again and then it throttles up fine!!

The pushback mod is a problem for some so please, try it without that.

My problem ended up being Operator error. I work 12hr days so I get about 30mins to an hour to fly in the evenings. So when I first bought it, I was trying to just ctrl-E auto start, so I could get a flight in. Basically ruined the engine every time.

I think the ITT was redlined using that method and I was cooking the engine. Think I could hear pieces of metal circulating around… Once I took the time to learn proper start procedures, she seems to be fine now. Having said that I haven’t used that pushback mod for a while either.

I’m glad it’s resolved.