Milviz PC 6 porter strange power problem

So the issue is first time round I will start the plane up and when it comes to take off I get no extra power from increasing the throttle, and can’t get enough speed to take off. I will then reload the plane, start it up the same way and it then works perfectly!!

Really can’t understand what is going on. I have done several flights and it happens everytime. Anyone else had anything like this? Or what are the culprits to look out for with getting no throttle power just incase I am somehow doing something different?!

I had not had the problem that you describe except the other night in my first flight with the Milviz PC-6 in the SU9 beta environment, then it happened exactly as you describe. The power had always worked fine before that, so I just assumed it was an SU9 problem. Are you in the SU9 beta?

No I’m still on SU8. It’s the only aircraft I have this problem with. A shame because other than this problem I absolutely love it!

Do you have any mods? Please remove (not merely disable) them and then try it again.

Because the aircraft uses custom code, there are some mods that interfere as they are trying to use the same variables.

1 Like

Specifically, we’ve had cases of the pushback mod causing issues. Start with removing (not disabling) that one.

The only mods I have are FBW A320 And liveries. A mod for the 500 series GPS and some airport and city sceneries!! I don’t have any of the pushback mods.

If it was a mod is there any reason why reloading the flight from the main menu would fix the problem?

I wouldn’t know.

My suggestion would be to go to our forums and get support. Check the manual for how to do that.

Looks like I’ve solved the issue. It seems to be connected with the position I have the control leavers in when I start the engine. Worked first time round just now.

1 Like

what was the wrong position that caused it?..i have the same thing