Milviz PC6 Trojan warning

I’m getting a Windows Defender warning when downloading the Milviz PC-6 executable file. It swears it’s a high-danger file and won’t let me keep it. I tried telling it that I still want it but it keeps deleting it and now I’m unable to fly my plane.

Anyone else exeperience this?

where are you downloading this from?

using this link: Manage (sendowl.com)

right, I am not familiar with this site, I imagine Milviz / Blabird gave you the link? if so, report this to them so they can contact defender and other AV companies to white list their file.

Best,
R.

it’s the link from their page; Milviz flight simulations -Accueil

no worries if you don’t know whats wrong, however assuming someone else here on the forum has solved this issue and can provide advice

It’s a known issue. When Windows blocks the download, go into your Defender settings and find the log entry where it was blocked. You should see an option to allow. You should then be able to download the file. After that, you’ll need to click past more warnings before running the installer, but it will install. I had to do all of this when I purchased my copy from them too.

1 Like

We’re in the process of getting accreditation for our installers. This will, hopefully, alleviate this issue.

Yes, it’s a false positive and not a virus.

1 Like

i eventually got it to work, thanks all