I have submitted this to ZenDesk

Thanks, added it to the list.

1 Like

I would add as well:

KGZ - Glacier Creek, AK
MYK - May Creek, AK
15Z (ICAO: PAMX) - McCarthy Airport, AK

1 Like

Already captured KGZ but used wrong identifier, will correct.
Will add MYK to the list, thanks.
Already captured PAMX

1 Like

Over 1000 new airports now added:

2 Likes

But still no LEZG in base sim. Fortunately the update has not broken AirHispania LEZG

1 Like

WU8 was another great update by Asobo and team. I have updated the list and removed airports added in today’s release.

4 Likes

I have mapped out all the added airports of WU 8 on this map, which also shows added airports from WU7 as well as all missing airports listed here in the forum.

Vollbildanzeige

3 Likes

That’s a really cool map, thanks. With all those points its very sluggish when zooming. :slight_smile:

The following are missing in Spain after WU8:

• El Copero (LEEC). Located at 37.314590, -6.000286
  • Betera (LEBT). Located at 39.623619, -0.472270
  • Pollensa (LEPO). Located at 39.908498, 3.101830
  • Almagro (LEAO). Located at 38.952083, -3.740784 → another airport is using that ICAO in game

I already reported to Zendesk all missing spanish airports (the ones already included in the original topic plus those ones here) like one year ago more or less.

Cheers

2 Likes

It looks like all of those with the exception of LENA are heliports (sole helicopter use facilities) and might not be added until helicopters are added. Just my guess.
As for LENA, I see it in the sim.

1 Like

Oh wow! Thank you for putting this together. I checked out my home state (Hawaii), and for some reason at first I missed that they added two airports out here!

I’ve got you bookmarked now.

You’ve got “Pohakuloa Training Area” listed as missing. It’s in the sim as Bradshaw Army Airfield (PHSF), and it does exist. :slight_smile: Pohakuloa Training Area is the name for the entire military training area over there.

2 Likes

Thanks for the post. I plugged in the coordinates 19.7267 -155.5245 and see a small 1,000ft dirt strip 3 miles southeast of PHSF. Do you know what that is?

1 Like

I was thinking paa waa waa ranch hi13, but that’s sw and further out. I’m sure there was another ranch field…Hualalai Ranch? At work, shhhhhh, but I’ll edit this if I can remember it.
Great work btw! Effort is appreciated for certain.

2 Likes

Oh yes, sorry. LENA is already included. I may have had a typo when searching it in game. I will remove it from the previous post.

The others are military bases. Mainly helicopter bases, yes, but Pollensa (LEPO) is also the home of the firefighting squadron (seaplanes) for the islands.

Cheers

Ahhhh, yes! I recognize that. I remember (I think) stumbling across that same airstrip several years ago on Google Maps. I’ll have to double-check in the morning to be sure, but I believe that particular strip is within the borders of PTA (Pohakuloa Training Area.)

(Edit) yes, it is within the boundaries of PTA.

Jeez, now I can’t remember if I’ve seen that in real life or not. I live on O’ahu, but when I was in the USMC (early 90’s) we went to PTA. Man, if it wasn’t a live fire area I’m pretty sure we tried to climb all the pu’u (hills, but can be any size) in our CUCVs (mid 80’s Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle from Chevrolet that the military used).

The (maps which shall not be mentioned as an addon) seem to have a pretty recent and very clear view of it. It looks very well maintained. When I remember seeing it previously it was definitely in derelict condition.

:rofl: All this brainpower and time researching a 1,000’ dirt strip. Hmmm… I bet even though it’s a little short I could get the BN-2 Islander in there. Now of course I must find out!

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ve added LEPO to the list.

Yeah the missing airports list is not completely up to date, I’ll be on the lookout for an updated list. But I’m glad my map could help u out :blush:… Greetings to hawaii from Berlin :+1:

2 Likes

SBJH, Catarina Airport, -23.425279,-47.169995

LPBJ Beja and LEAB Albacete are now missing !!! WU8

2 Likes