Missing Airports Sent to Zendesk

Now that most of the airports are missing have been identified in this thread, I started a topic on planning for airport auditing.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/airport-audit-planning-phase/296777

I’m curious to know what everyone thinks. Please post your thoughts in that thread.

2 Likes

I started creating airports that are missing here:

It is pretty time consuming to create an airport(the UI is not super great for editing as well as to test you have to compile and reload MSFS2020(we all know how long that takes)

1 Like

LTBJ Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport

1 Like

I reported VEPY as a missing airport on Zendesk also.
thank you

Here’s a list of airports I came across that use wrong ICAO identifiers:

KSAB, KSAI, KSAK, KSAE, KSAG, KSAH, KSAJ, KSAO, KCIE, KCIG, KCIA

Asobo chose to assign these ICAO codes of (decommissioned) airfields in the US to a series dirt strips in the Mexican Coahuila region (west of the Texan city Del Rey, east of Big Bend National Park).

I’ve reported this on Zendesk, but I don’t have your clout with Asobo. If you feel there’s a way to incorporate these cases into your list – while the airports are not missing per se, at least their real identifiers are missing – I would be delighted.

SLAL. There’s so many airports and navaids missing that I’m considering to go back to Xplane 11.

1 Like

BGTL Thule Airbase in greenland
Latitude 76.5311966
Longitude -68.7032013
Was not in the above list i believe
Somthing there in bing, few buildings generated
and a bumpy almost unrecognizeable runway, only
not useable.

There is a Lake Louise Airport but it is located in Alaska, USA.

It is the same issue as with EDDS - Stuttgart.

The airport management does not know why the commercial part of the airport is blurred out on Bing but the military is not. They are already in contact with Microsoft/Asobo.

The one Asobo calls Lake Louise Airport in Canada is actually Ram Falls Airstrip (defunct, but still maintained by volunteers), a little ways East.

There is an in use helipad in Lake Louise Canada, but it’s unregistered.

1 Like

MYEG is missing as well.

LEMG still missing.

Fujikawa Airstrip 35.120730,138.631800
This maybe missing because it only a emergency airstrip with no services.
Don’t know if ever was airport at one time and can’t find any history about it.
I think, the military has used it for aircraft carrier landing training. On a news report I saw.

Yep, captured and sent in Batch 9.
Missing Airports Sent to Zendesk - Self-Service / Bugs & Issues - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Batch list are so long and mix-up… It’s hard to find some airports without codes.

1 Like

Was USDA Sabetta reported? Sabetta International Airport https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabetta_International_Airport

Yes in the first batch sent over.

VVPQ has had the ILS moved but the airport has not been moved in the sim, like it has IRL.

A Zendesk has been placed.

I made a free version of FSIA for fun and learning how to do it. Check Seychelle International Airport (FSIA) • Flight Simulator 2020

1 Like

I would just like to say this:

It is a good thing, that Asobo released this version, when they did. (I have been flying MSFS since the first version came out.) The fact that a new version is available is simply awesome.

Yes, there are airports missing. Yes other stuff to. Think of the scale of this HUGE task, to recreate the whole earth. Don’t be saying " hack job, half-assed quick release". Have some faith in that the problems will be solved, and that all will be Okay in the end.
And keep sending in your reports for Asobo to correct.

If Asobo had waited for all things be fully tested and finished, you would have complained about the long wait.
I think Asobo is doing a fantastic job of ballancing, keeping Simmers entertained and finishing the whole catching up process, in this awesome simulator.

Huge Shout Out to Asobo.

6 Likes