Missing and floating runway lights

I am also suffering this problem, and like Scandi426, I am running a 980 GPU. Mine has 3 monitors attached, all at 1024 res. These conversations might be helped if hardware was included as a footer (as in FSDEVELOPER ) so we mere mortals can hazard a guess at what is going on. Is the aircraft a factor. I’ve never noticed it in the Cessna 172 (Asobo) but I have in the TBM and FBY A320.

My setup have been:
i5-10400F
GTX 1650 super
16GB of ram

But have actually just ordered a computer with
i7-12700F
RTX 3060 ti
16GB of ram

I am very curious if upgrading specs will change my experience with lights. Will report back here when I have been testing this a bit

This is very frustrating.
With me no airport has lights on the runway except the takeoff airport.
I usually fly through Europe, around 500 nm, and the arrival airport has dark runways.

XBox Series S. Was fine before the last update (except some airports in Norway). Now every airport when arriving…

2 Likes

Exactly as you said. Normaly I fly on Japan (nice views and no problem with lights at all) but since I want to fly on IVAO (Japan almost never have cntrl) I decide to fly over the Norway and general Europe, like Spain, Germany, Italia. There is absolutely no light on the runway. One thing has helps for a moment: Delete Cache, turning Cache ON again. Sometimes also helps going out of cockpit with a drone camera. Once I use Drone Camera, I can see landing light just normal. But once I take off the aircraft and land again on the same runway, light are OFF…Next issue on Firenze airport from Gaya, no light on the runway and TAXI lights are above the ground…

Asobo its a joke ! I cant belive that after 2 years they make mistakes like that.

3 Likes

Yes. When finally I believe I would be able to fly with no issues, a new one happens every new update.
Sometimes seems to me they are losted.
Maybe we need to start to support some other sims, like Aerofly FS 4, X-Plane 12, Condor Soaring, etc.

Asobo is only concerned about cramming in more and more content, and doesn’t think about fixing basic things.
I don’t want lots of tourist spots, or a bunch of buggy planes, or a gaming spaceship for a flight simulator. The content is already enough, it just needs to work.

1 Like

Friends,

I can tell you that I see this problem very simply, no any HW update will help you. It’s simple to see to have not defined taxi lights on specific airports and also maybe deleted from scenery files with some reason. One example, on LZPP Piestany (Slovakia) there was taxi lines defined to main APN and from some time they aren’t there, also ground services logically as Marshallers. Same with LKPR taxi lights what I good remember was there. What the hell devs are doing with this system???

May be this is another cause for this problem, but not the only.
I say this because the runway lights are there when taking off, for exemple at a big airport as Malpensa (Milan) or Geneva. But, if you fly to these airports, you will not see the runway lights. Something is just going wrong when loading the lights during the approach.

2 Likes

@ cristianodesa

And what weather was at your approach to that no lights airport? I saw many airports with lights ON only after some weather conditions are met, in sim of course. As day comes close to end, also runway lights comes ON as usually, with poor weather also on day time.

It seems to me to be with any weather!
I always use the real weather, and flying at night.

Flight from Tromsoe to Longyearbyen with real time, real weather: Pitch black and snow. No runway lights except approach lights. No taxi lights too. When starting a new flight from Lonyearbyen with same conditions, all lights are on !

But I will give it a try with erasing and rebuilding the cache next time…

2 Likes

Try to clean cache. Thats what I did twice. Turn cache OFF, apply. Delete cache, apply & save. Turn cache ON, apply&save. Till now I still have lights. But I dont know if light are ok everywhere after trick with cache. Yesterday and today I’ve been flying over: Bergamo, Munich, Frankfurt, Belgium, London and all was fine. I will check Norway, etc tomorrow.

Exactly as it happens here

Next try with cache cleared. Same flight. Still no runway lights only the pulse approach lights in Lonyearbyen☹️

Folks pls,

do pls all check that taxi lights are placed on taxi ways. I have problem that no taxi lights are defined on airports so also no lights logically. Typical example LKPR, no defined taxi lights everywhere, only rwy lights are ok.

On other side, I didn’t have situation that rwy lights are missing, never. I had floating rwy lights maybe 2 updates back but now I never discovered that floating runway lights.

Everyone, I think there is a solution to floating and missing runway lights now. I saw this on the comment section on an ENBR addon. This addon has always caused the runway lights to float about 10 meters over the runway for me.

The problem seem to be how the sim is loading the lights when you are getting closer to the airport.
If your terrain LOD is too low the sim is basing the lights on flat terrain.

So setting terrain LOD to at least 80++ should fix this, and also higher off-screen terrain pre-caching can also help.
I tried this yesterday, and for the first time I had correct runway lights on ENBR.

Thanks to the creator “WombiiActual” of ENBR on Flightsim.to.

3 Likes

Ill give this a try, almost screwed up an already hard approach into KDTW today due to it.

Does someone have noted some change?

no improvement for me
I just landed in Indianapolis with runway lights and approach 300 feet above the ground, I’m xboxs and in beta, stock airport

This issue has been ongoing since su11. Not matter what you do(cache, add ons etc) they are not there on any landing at any airport at night. Xbox by the way… Come on fix this, along with other issues… Sim is getting a little tedious now and not enjoyable.

1 Like

I have the same issue and it was at DFW in Texas. Runway lights 50 meters in the air.